• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El camino Ingles (A rush of blood to the head)

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
There I was back from our morning walk knowing our Camino wasn't for another year,having already booked for a weeks holiday in the yorkshire dales ( cheap rates at travelodge) in early may as a means of coping with the daily walking round and round similar routs.
Started checking out other walks rosie and I had discussed,the tmb ( 100 mls walk round mont blanc) She said I was crazy, 12 day walk from Le Puy to Conques she was in favour of and a weeks walk from A Coruna or Ferrol also in favour of for next year.
15 minutes later thanks to ryan air i'v booked two return ticket to santiago feb 2nd to feb9th -£16-40p ( 40 pence for the flights and £16 for the debit card), and purchased online from here 2 forum badges.
I know the weather may be bad, but it should not be as bad as england, or am I as crazy as Rosie thinks (she doesn't know i've got the tickets!!!)
ps Decided I dont care as I can't believe how excited I am
http://sagalouts-theroadtonowhere.blogspot.com

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Stark raving, cotton-pickin camino crazy!!

(PS: Pleeeeeeze can I come too?? I have to wait until next year - 28 weeks, 2 day, 2 hours and 34 minutes)

Ian and Rosie

That sounds such a wonderful impulsive plan.

I'm jealous too. We are now doing a wedding Feb 28th for the pregnant teens and then I'll need more holiday in May for the birth, so I don't know if I'll have enough days left for pilgrimaging much next year. :(

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Turns out Rosie was as excited as me,today our morning walk flew by with talk of things to come,
Thanks john and Lillian for the pm's much apreciated.
One of the reasons we are doing the walk is it seems to be a connoisseur's camino going by the threads i've been reading.
so in a way sill you and others will be coming with us as our online guides ( downloaded maps,elevation sections,list of accommadations,what gear to wear etc) Frans thread was especially helpfull.
wish your daughter good luck bridget and peter.
Ian and Rosie
http://sagalouts-theroadtonowhere.blogspot.com

"Connoisseurs´Camino!" I like the sound of that!

February is going to be very WET, make sure you have some stout boots for walking through those water meadows. You are in for such a treat... and be sure, on that tough day in the middle, to stop at Bar Julia and have the traditional chupito of "Johnny Walker" to power you up the mountain!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back