• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Camino Ingles in 5 days

BoscoPaul

Folks

Arriving in Santiago on 21st July arr 15:35 Dep Tues 26th 16:15
Questions
1. El Camion Ingles can it be walked comfortably 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th (arr Santiago)?
2. Does it qualify for a Camino pass?
3. Can we get a bus to A Coruna (or is the starting point Ferrol)?
4. Our wedding anniversary is the 24th (Feast of St James) but to do this Camino in 3 days? Crowds in Santiago on 24th? Accommodation?
The ramblings of a Camino pentient!

Slan
PĂłl :x

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Walking the Camino Ingles from Ferrol will qualify you for a Compostela - not from Coruna which is only 75km. The Feast Day is the 25th July but the celebrations start the week before.
Book a place to stay now.
It usually takes 5 days.
Ferrol - Pontedueme 25km
Pontdueme Betanzos 18km
Betanzos Bruma 28km
Bruma Sigueiro 30km
Sigueiro - Santiago 18km

Hi
one of the ways to do it would be to catch the early evening bus to Ferrol and then walk 7km to Neda aubergue or get off the bus at Neda (passport there) day 1 walk to mino aubergue day 2 to Betanzos day 3 to Bruma day 4 Sigueiro take a break and walk into Santiago 40 some K ,I'm 63 and did this last stage last year but I had been walking 2 months,another option is the bus from Sig having got your sellos at the church,this will be a Sunday not many buses so maybe a taxi (15 euros)
But as this is your anniversary walk why not take your time, on day of arrival get passport in Santiago and walk to Finnistara get your Compostella from the Aubergue there and stay in the lighthouse at the end of the world ( book very early) about 60 euros for a sea view room I think, wine and dine your lady with great Spanish cava and watch the sun set on the Atlantic, you will even have time to get back to Santiago for the 25th and another bottle of Cava.
Ian

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola Bosco Paul

In the time available - 21st July arr 15:35 Dep Tues 26th 16:15 - you would be very stretched to walk the Camino Ingles from Ferrol.

However remember it has two departure points - Ferrol and A Coruna.

It takes 5 days on average to walk from Ferrol but since it is over 100 kms those who do it may get a Compostela if that is important to them.

El Camino Inges from A Coruna is traditionally the more authentic route used by medieval pilgrims but since it is walked in three days being 75 kms in length there is no Compostela awarded.

To venture an opinion - it seems to me in the time you have you could arrive in Santiago and either pick up a Pilgrim Passport at the Pilgrims' Office or head straight to A Coruna by bus. It takes one hour approximately. A Coruna is a beautiful seaside town. If you didn;t get a Passport in Santiago you can get one in A Coruna. You can walk from A Coruna in three or four days ( your choice) and there is accommodation available to break up the first long day. There is an albergue at Hospital de Bruma.

You can download a guide to this route here:

http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm

Let us know how you get on.

Buen Camino

John

If you REALLY want the compostela:

July 21 - catch the bus from SdC to Ferrol (leaves SdC about 17:00 arrives Ferrol about 18:30)
July 22 - Ferrol - Pontedeume
July 23 - Pontedeume - Betanzos
July 24 - Betanzos - Bruma
July 25 - Bruma - Sigueiro
July 26 - Sigueiro - SdC: if you leave early, about 07:00 you can be in SdC by noon to catch your flight out later that afternoon. It's tight, but doable if there are no problems. Otherwise, you have plenty of time to do it from A Coruna.

Help! I'm walking the Ingles in May/June, and would like to walk BOTH routes. The plan [;)] is to walk from Ferrol to Bruma and then catch a bus from Bruma to A Coruna, before walking back to SdC from A Coruna. My question is ..... can I catch a bus from Bruma to A Coruna? How long does it take [roughly] and how often do they go? Morning, afternoon or evening?
Many thanks - especially to Ivar for all his work on this Forum!
Buen camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Plan in some time to see Ferrol and A Coruña. Enjoy the way, it's so beautiful! :)

And the tourist information in Ferrol offers the pilgrim passport (credencial)! ;-)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you go to the Monbus site, about 8 buses a day run from Meson de Vento (2 kms walk from Bruma) to Coruna.Takes 40mins.
Excellent information - no need to worry about missing the bus, then!
Am still planning - but half the fun of a camino is in the planning!

Plan in some time to see Ferrol and A Coruña. Enjoy the way, it's so beautiful! :)
I am planning on taking THREE WEEKS for the Camino Ingles! If it takes longer I shall be going backwards. I walk very slowly, take photo's of everything interesting, and talk to the animals ... and sometimes the insects!
Buan camino, Samoset!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back