• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Camino: Surviving day 1

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I like it, Not a fan of unnecessary swearing but I like the fact that you managed to vlog and walk at the same time and you got some really nice shots of the view out from the Pyrenees. I also enjoyed the slug obstacle course haha! What camera did you use by the way? And would you consider doing the camino again?

Hi all! I walked the Camino in August 2014. I wrote blog post about the first day of my camino. Would you mind having a look and letting me know what you think? Thanks in advance :)

http://www.lostnorfound.com/2015/09/el-camino-surviving-day-1.html

View attachment 21256[/QUOTE

Using my I pad with the sound all the way up I could not hear what you were saying must be a tablet thing. Very excellent using I assume is a go pro camera?
We all seem to find our walking mates it is interesting that it matters not the age, just the comfort of finding common humanity.
Keith

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Expand the message above to read my comments, haven't figured out why that happens occasionally

Expand the message above to read my comments, haven't figured out why that happens occasionally
This happens if the note is missing the close bracket ~ ] ~ after the second QUOTE word (the one closing the quote). Good thing to do prior to clicking the "post reply" is to click "more options" then click "preview" and finally click on "reply to thread" if all looks okay on the preview screen. Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Reassure me that its not as steep as your fish eye lens makes it appear.:eek: Walking it next April, weather permitting. :) Buen Camino

Happy Trails
It is that steep fish eye lens or not. Dont know where he got the energy to keep on filming. By the time I crossed into Spain, only a firm grip on my hiking poles was keeping me upright. Taking pictures was the last thing on my mind :)

So you didn´t see the col Lepoeder either.

Lepoeder means Beautiful pass in Basque but only a few people have seen it because the fog.:(
No fog when I was there, just snow and a freezing cold wind. Only time I wore sunglasses and that was to protect my eyes from the biting wind

It is that steep fish eye lens or not. Dont know where he got the energy to keep on filming. By the time I crossed into Spain, only a firm grip on my hiking poles was keeping me upright. Taking pictures was the last thing on my mind :)
Is it any steeper that the slog out of Pontedueme on the English Way? Anyone?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Great video, much like our crossing Sept 9-10 2015. Foggy sheep and horses, then we had pouring rain for the descent. Loved the views, and yes, they really are that steep! Thanks for sharing!!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back