• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Camino

Jovana

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2017
Hi guys! I have planed to go El Camino now in March.. I am wondering about the route and Albergues where I can stay.. and how much money I have to have with me.. I am not planing to sleep in hotels or eat in the restaurants, have not so much money with me, and what is the cheapest solution.. Thank you in advance :D

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have met pilgrims that have done the Camino comfortably at 20 Euro per day or (far) less. If you stay in albergues and self cater this is perfectly feasible even at 15 Euros a day if you resist those Cafe con Leches ;-)

Buen Camino, SY

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have met pilgrims that have done the Camino comfortably at 20 Euro per day or (far) less. If you stay in albergues and self cater this is perfectly feasible even at 15 Euros a day if you resist those Cafe con Leches ;-)

Buen Camino, SY
Thank you :D And thanks for information.. I wanna try how much I can resists and stay without everything that I get everyday.. Would like to test myself a little bit :D

Buen Camino, SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just one curious question - From which country are you from? I am asking because there are forum members from allover the world here and perhaps one of them lives in your neighbourhood ;-) and could meet you over a coffee to talk things through. Buen Camino, SY

Just one curious question - From which country are you from? I am asking because there are forum members from allover the world here and perhaps one of them lives in your neighbourhood ;-) and could meet you over a coffee to talk things through. Buen Camino, SY
Coming from Serbia, but I am living in Oslo, Norway.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
OK, me thinks your closest local contact would be @alexwalker then ;-) but I think he is 'a bit' farer north' from you. SY

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Since you are wondering about the route, I assume you have not done a lot of reseach. The Forum's shop offer a number of good guides, like the one by John Brierly.

But before buying a guide you need to decide on a route. For that visit the Eroski, Gronze and/or Mundicamino websites. You will see there are a number of routes, but the most famous, and travelled, is the Camino Frances.

These web sites, just like guidebooks, suggest daily stages, and give information on elevation and albergues. Some albergues have kitchens (more or less well equiped). If you share grocery shopping with others this can help keep your cost down. Otherwise I find you pay almost as much that you would in a restaurant, and end up leaving food behind.

An albergue will cost begween 6-12€, pilgrim dinner 10€. Breakfast 3, and a sandwich and a drink for lunch 5€.

There are also albergues which as refered to as "donativos". That means you give what you can, what you think is fair. It does not mean free as they really need this money to buy food for those coming after you, to turn the heating on, to keep the albergue clean.

Start there. I'm sure the websites above will keep you busy for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Since you are wondering about the route, I assume you have not done a lot of reseach. The Forum's shop offer a number of good guides, like the one by John Brierly.

But before buying a guide you need to decide on a route. For that visit the Eroski, Gronze and/or Mundicamino websites. You will see there are a number of routes, but the most famous, and travelled, is the Camino Frances.

These web sites, just like guidebooks, suggest daily stages, and give information on elevation and albergues. Some albergues have kitchens (more or less well equiped). If you share grocery shopping with others this can help keep your cost down. Otherwise I find you pay almost as much that you would in a restaurant, and end up leaving food behind.

An albergue will cost begween 6-12€, pilgrim dinner 10€. Breakfast 3, and a sandwich and a drink for lunch 5€.

There are also albergues which as refered to as "donativos". That means you give what you can, what you think is fair. It does not mean free as they really need this money to buy food for those coming after you, to turn the heating on, to keep the albergue clean.

Start there. I'm sure the websites above will keep you busy for a while.
.d
Thank you so much about those information! It helps a lot! I am very grateful for that :D

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back