• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Norte in winter.....

PilgrimPillar

Rota Vicentina, fisherman’s trail, is sweet...
Time of past OR future Camino
Please come with
suggestions….
Thx….!!
.....as I finished 1/1-17. Just got home.

Met 14 pilegrims in total, which 4 appeared on my last night before Santigo, at Sobrado dos Moxes. 2 going opposite way. Know the name on 5. Free spirits!! Walked solo minus 1,5 day with very good company .

Froze a lot last week. My stupidity sending clothes home earlier on.

Not any problem with a bed of some sort. For peace of mind, call ahead. Minimum the same day.

Some days I overstretched my limits, BUT it was soooo sweet walking towards end of day and darkness. Especially in good weather. Averaged minimum 10 km more a day, because there was no hassle with bed.

Avoided slippery tracks in the rain and took mostly shortest alternative. Exept following GR-E9 (on recommandation from host Lola) before Llanes.

Vvvvery helpful and generous locals all around.

Stayed totally alone in 9-10 albuergues, lot's of space in other words.

In short;

Time of year is near ideal for two solitary souls sharing the wastness of experience together...

Total 817 km
18 days
0 restdays
Average 45 km a day

B U E N C A M I N O !

https://www.facebook.com/plutseligpilegrim/posts/985147468251788

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=210327246094865&id=185691925225064

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I can truly appreciate any hiker/walker that enjoys the thrill of a winter outing. You mention many of the aspects, I enjoy the most: time of year, solo and, or with a companion when wanted/needed, bed, shower availability.
Not so much: cold...when one could have guarded against that.

Well done!

I can truly appreciate any hiker/walker that enjoys the thrill of a winter outing. You mention many of the aspects, I enjoy the most: time of year, solo and, or with a companion when wanted/needed, bed, shower availability.
Not so much: cold...when one could have guarded against that.

Well done!
Thx Arn....appriciate your words.

No severe cold....just me having just a very light windbreaker and vest as outer garment. Better gloves and jacket....?.....supertrooper!! (And cold means high preassure and clear sky, so naturewise it was a bliss for the eyes...)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Met 14 pilegrims in total, which 4 appeared on my last night before Santigo, at Sobrado dos Moxes. 2 going opposite way. Know the name on 5. Free spirits!! Walked solo minus 1,5 day with very good company .

Not any problem with a bed of some sort. For peace of mind, call ahead. Minimum the same day.

Some days I overstretched my limits, BUT it was soooo sweet walking towards end of day and darkness. Especially in good weather. Averaged minimum 10 km more a day, because there was no hassle with bed.

Avoided slippery tracks in the rain and took mostly shortest alternative. Exept following GR-E9 (on recommandation from host Lola) before Llanes.

In short;

Time of year is near ideal for two solitary souls sharing the wastness of experience together...

Total 817 km
18 days
0 restdays
Average 45 km a day

B U E N C A M I N O !

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=210327246094865&id=185691925225064

Would you recommend walking this Camino in winter

Hi, Sound like a great walk, with a good Daily average. Do you keep a list of the stages/albergues you stayed at? I know it has been a few years, but it might help to figure out which albergues are open outside season.
Thx.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
No probs......I can take a picture of my pilgrimpass....it’s all there

In short;

Total 817 km
18 days
0 restdays
Average 45 km a day

B U E N C A M I N O !

Wow! ...Legends!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back