• We are struggeling with some issues with images and attachments not loading on the forum. This is some left-over problems from the other day. We have back-ups of everything, so nothing is lost, we just need to link things up again so that it works. In short, we are working on it. Sorry! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Norte March 1 2018

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
CF; Norte; Ingles; Augustine; Portugues Central
Starting from Irun/Hondarribias 1st March. Hope to meet another pilgrim even if only to touch base at day’s end.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Buen Camino, Colette!

Thanks I entered my name in the calendar just in case.....I’ve reserved accommodation in S Sebastien and Zarautz to start just to be able to “relax into the first days of walking” and hoping it’s a positive sign because in both cities cheap accommodation was full or last bed. I decided to book in SS the Koba Albergue March 1 (€15 w BF newer place) I got last bed and in Zarautz night 2 also had to reserve a pension. I didn’t want to risk municipales not being open or cold. Thereafter looks okay but I’ll keep my eye 2-3 days ahead re accommodation. Happy to hear any suggestions from you (I’ve got Peregrina2000 PDF of coastal paths). Some of the later distances look big (40 k to Sobrado). I like monasteries and convents so trying to plan around. Thanks for any suggestions.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks I entered my name in the calendar just in case.....I’ve reserved accommodation in S Sebastien and Zarautz to start just to be able to “relax into the first days of walking” and hoping it’s a positive sign because in both cities cheap accommodation was full or last bed. I decided to book in SS the Koba Albergue March 1 (€15 w BF newer place) I got last bed and in Zarautz night 2 also had to reserve a pension. I didn’t want to risk municipales not being open or cold. Thereafter looks okay but I’ll keep my eye 2-3 days ahead re accommodation. Happy to hear any suggestions from you (I’ve got Peregrina2000 PDF of coastal paths). Some of the later distances look big (40 k to Sobrado). I like monasteries and convents so trying to plan around. Thanks for any suggestions.
Colette- it's possible to avoid a 40k day going into Sobrado. Instead of stopping at Baamonde like most guide books suggest, if you keep going, between Baamonde and Miraz is Albergue Witericus which is quite lovely. Hopefully they will be open when you're passing through.

Colette- it's possible to avoid a 40k day going into Sobrado. Instead of stopping at Baamonde like most guide books suggest, if you keep going, between Baamonde and Miraz is Albergue Witericus which is quite lovely. Hopefully they will be open when you're passing through.
Thank you, it looks nice and is open in March. Good advice.

Hi Colette. are you sure that Norte route and albergues a open in march... My plan is also Norte and from the midle of March and continue to Primitivo from Oviedo.. But i got that kind information?! Hope that its not true:D
The season on the Camino starts from the end of March and therefore most routes are only available from end of March til the end of October.
There is no route available that would join Gijon to Oviedo, therefore if you decide to walk this part, we would not be able to provide you with walking notes.
Boen Camino, hopefully all is open.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Teet, I answered your question re accommodation on the other page where you first posted the question. I won’t detour to the Primitivo but continue on to a Ribadeo then head down to Pedrouzo. Peregrina2000 posted a great PDF here describing alternate coastal,routes (including the way to get to Oveido) which coincide with what’s in the guidebook I’m using (very complete). Shown here (I rebound it with spiral). Buen camino.

Attachments

• 8D993193-9E43-409E-BA99-26D920B034B4.jpeg
    8D993193-9E43-409E-BA99-26D920B034B4.jpeg
    558.2 KB · Views: 8

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Wondering what public transit is available from Porto to Caminha.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back