• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El País article on the Olvidado

peregrina2000

Staff member
Ender just sent me a link to today’s El País, which contains a lengthy article about the Camino Olvidado. The fact that one of Spain’s best national newspapers has an article about it tells me that the snowball is starting to roll….. get there soon!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I agree. In 2019 I put together my Olvidado - Salvador-Primitivo triple camino route and purchased air tickets for a 2020 start. Of course that disappeared as did most everyone's plans. I know, first world problem. Who knows, maybe in a couple of years we will have this pandemic and all the arising variants figured out but at this point things aren't looking too rosy. Just saw this in today's online New York Times. Also noted Portugal is adding in more stringent measures for entry this week. Stay safe out there.

"Latest trends

An average of 7,193 cases per day were reported in Spain in the last week. Cases have increased by 134 percent from the average two weeks ago. Deaths have decreased by 14 percent."

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I wish them well with this. One thing that made the Olvidado special was that we had the chance to talk to people involved with the camino. It was a real insight into the huge amount of work, mainly unnoticed, unthanked and unpaid, that goes into establishing and maintaining a camino route, a shout out here for Adolfo, Chuchi and Isabel. Caminos don't make themselves. As Ender says, are there albergues? is usually the first question and there is a contrast with the Madrid where the local authorities have been active and highly ingenious in providing accommodation in old schools, council depots, even a football changing room, whereas there seems to be a lack of interest from their counterparts on the Olvidado. The Madrid albergues are often small, but once the pilgrims start to arrive, private enterprise will follow to fill the gap. I also had the impression that the Olvidado is gaining popularity with Spanish walkers and cyclists who can travel from Bilbao or Madrid and walk stages at weekends. The other question asked is 'Is there much road walking?' We all like to moan about pounding the ashphalt, but finding a good cross-country route is easier said than done. With an active association, this is more likely to happen.

Ender just sent me a link to today’s El País, which contains a lengthy article about the Camino Olvidado. The fact that one of Spain’s best national newspapers has an article about it tells me that the snowball is starting to roll….. get there soon!

Thanks 2000. Makes me wan’t to head over to Spain

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back