A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

El Primitivo te espera (the Primitivo is waiting for you)

peregrina2000

Staff member
This video is a message from all of the members of the Camino Primitivo Entrepreneurs Association. It’s a bit long, a bit repetitive (since each member gets to tell you that the Primitivo is waiting for you when this is all over), but you will see all your favorite albergues, lots of familiar faces.

We can only hope that these businesses make it.

Buen camino, Laurie

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
So far...
2012 ~ 2019
Well that was wonderful to see! So great to see the faces and names of a few of the folks I met and places I stayed. Such a great idea to make this video message.

C clearly

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016), VDLP (2017), Mozarabe (2018), Vasco/Bayona (2019)
This video gives a very happy and encouraging message - great idea. Thanks for posting it!

zrexer

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2014, 15,16 & 19 Camino Frances
2017 Camino Portuguese
2018 Camino Primitivo
2020 Camino Del Norte
My favorite Camino walk by far.

Lirsy

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo, Norte, Francés, Volunteer Hospitalero.
As soon as this is over ... I will be there!!

El Cascayal

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo May 2019
Invierno November 2019
Ingles April (2020) postponed
How wonderful to see many well known faces! I cried. Mucha fortaleza y ánimo para todos. Nos encontraremos algún día.

peregrina2000

Staff member
I remembered that the woman introducing the video mentioned a website.

The website has general travel suggestions, even a fabada recipe, but also a very pretty primitivo video. It reminded me that on my last primitivo I had wanted to take a detour to visit the 10th century church of San Pedro de Nora, but the path was totally overgrown and impassable. The Primitivo video shows that church (at about minute 2:23), so I am wondering if the path has been cleared or if anyone here on the forum has taken that short detour.

The video only deals with the part of the Primitivo that is in Asturias, but it is a very professional piece.

Liana

Camino(s) past & future
CP Central July 25, 2015
CP Coastal July, 5, 2016
Burgos to Santiago, Sept 2018
CP Central 6/2020
What a beautiful video! A question for anyone who can answer. I have walked 2 CP and 1 France from Burgos.
I am physically fit/active, but unfortunately fractured my hip on my second Portuguese and recouped for 5 months. Was scheduled to walk another Portuguese, but watching this video has me second guessing. Do you all think it is doable and could I send my pack ahead if need be? Any info greatly appreciated and stay safe everyone until we are able to walk again!

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
So far...
2012 ~ 2019
Some wonderful people here... dear old Domingo at Villapanada!
Yes! Domingo! Such a wonderful, welcoming man at his very well cared for albergue. I was also happy to see Natalia and Begoña at Castro. A special stay there with Begoña at the hotel and dinner with Natalia at the albergue.

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo June 2013
SJPP - Logroño June 2014
Ingles July2016
I was also happy to see Natalia and Begoña at Castro. A special stay there with Begoña at the hotel and dinner with Natalia at the albergue.
On the video Natalia speaks in Galego which is the original language of Castro and Grandas.

ctay122

Camino(s) past & future
2020 Camino Frances
I need to look into the Primitivo. After my Camino was cancelled (would have started the Frances on Wed) I decided when I was able to go that I would do a different one that was not as well traveled to help support the albergues and locals. Would this be a good one to walk when things are open whenever that will be? The people in the video look so kind and caring......it makes me sad that they (and eveyone in Spain) is suffering right now.

Katja Siri Nidhan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2003, 2006, 2017), Camino Primitivo (2018), Via de la Plata - the last 350k (2019)
This video is a message from all of the members of the Camino Primitivo Entrepreneurs Association. It’s a bit long, a bit repetitive (since each member gets to tell you that the Primitivo is waiting for you when this is all over), but you will see all your favorite albergues, lots of familiar faces.

Buen camino, Laurie
Thank sou so much. You're wonderful. Abrazos.💚💚💚

Camino(s) past & future
Leon to Santiago (July 2018)
SJPdP to Leon followed by Primitivo (June 2019)
Planning next one...

Buen camino, Laurie
Brought back so many good memories! God bless you all!

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.
I need to look into the Primitivo. After my Camino was cancelled (would have started the Frances on Wed) I decided when I was able to go that I would do a different one that was not as well traveled to help support the albergues and locals. Would this be a good one to walk when things are open whenever that will be? The people in the video look so kind and caring......it makes me sad that they (and eveyone in Spain) is suffering right now.
This year notwithstanding, the Primitivo can't really qualify as "not as well traveled" any more. I staff the 16-bed donativo municipal albergue at Grado, the first day's walk out of Oviedo. Every year we pack 'em in more, and in the high season we turn people away every day!

Thornley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances x 2 , Norte x 2 , Le Puy x 3 , Portuguese x 2,
Mont St Michel , Primitivo .
The people in the video look so kind and caring......it makes me sad that they (and eveyone in Spain) is suffering right now.
They are and yes are the answers.

Jyrki Wahlstedt

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo 2018 (, Portugues 2021)
Very emotional to see all those places, remembering all the people I met, ❤

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 157 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock