• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Vacar - Espiel

eze

Time of past OR future Camino
Francès 2005/2006
Norte 2007
Plata 2008
Eze (home) Roma
Mozarabe April 2014 (Granada-Cordoba) March 2016 (Córdoba-Merida)
Camino Gironès September 2014 (La Jonquera-Vic)
Hello to you all,

I have a question regarding the second stage from Córdoba towards Merida.

For various reasons, we do not plan to sleep in Villaharta. We have found that Espiel could make it.

From El Vacar, where we would leave the Camino for a few kms, we would walk towards Espiel, following Embalse Puerto Nuevo banks or close to them. We can easily track our way on Google Earth.
This path is parallel to a train track.
My point is : As we would follow the train track, twice in a small distance, we'd have to walk on train bridges to avoid a "detour" back to the motorway.

Have you ever walked that path and cross those two bridges ? Have you any idea of the frequency of the trafic on this semi-abandonned track ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Have you any idea of the frequency of the trafic on this semi-abandonned track ?

No passenger trains on those tracks. There are still some cargo trains that use the tracks. Mainly, to serve coal to a termal power station.

P.S.: I think that walking on the tracks is forbidden.

Castilian, i wish to thank you for your answer.

I think that we shall forget this idea and walk the Camino till Villaharta.

By the way, i wish to mention that, for those who want to sleep in El Cruce hostal in Villaharta, the email adress to contact is "nocruce@gmail.com". Other adresses do not work at all nor Booking.com.
I booked successfully on that email adress.

Un saludo a todas y todos !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back