• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

elevation profile map

Hi there,

Finished the camino frances a month ago. Now considering the north route. Wondering if there is a height to distance or elevation map availible. Also for those who can get blisters is it much harder on the north route, for people in general. I now a lot about how to avoid them but just wondering if the north is considered harder on the feet.

Thanks,

paul Buen camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Paul,
A very basic profile map is provided for each of the stages on the Norte on the website here:-
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los ... del-norte/
you may need to pay extra attention to the lacing up of your boots on the descents - laces need to be very tight to prevent toes rubbing on front of boot. Otherwise if you can walk the Frances, you can walk the Norte.

Blessings
Terry

Hi, Paul,

I think Terry's right about the bottom line -- if you can walk the Frances, you can walk the Norte. There may be more ups and downs, but there aren't many strenuous ascents/descents.

One thing I would add though is that there is a lot more pavement walking, and I find that it takes a toll on my feet much more than walking up and down does. It's that constant pounding. I don't think it increases your chances for blisters, though, just general foot pain. When I do a lot of road walking, I always make sure to ice my feet at the end of the day, just for a few short 10-minute periods. Seems to help, but maybe it's that cerveza that I'm drinking while I'm icing them. :D

Buen camino, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
thanks guys for the reply. I walked it this year, did by bike before and wakled to San dominigo ~(9days) in dec/jan four years ago. will I go again?? but starting to think about is a begining.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back