• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Embark on a virtual Camino

• Thread starter Former member 69452
  • Start date
F

Former member 69452

Greetings Pilgrims!

Because of the onslaught of the coronavirus, pilgrims from around the world are unable to complete their Caminos, momentarily. In light of the fact, Duperier's Authentic Journeys has just started a new group on Facebook, open to ALL pilgrims, to join them on a ‘Virtual Camino’, where they will help you walk the Camino from the comfort of your home and together, we will all celebrate the spirit and camaraderie of the Camino.

Each day, they plan to post a new stage with details of what pilgrims encounter along the way, including the sights, the sounds and the tastes!! If you're game, join them as they celebrate and create an atmosphere of encouragement and community.

Share your Camino story with the world!

DSC_0164 modified for Twitter.jpg

Buen Camino Peregrinos and Peregrinas.

"God bless us everyone!"

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just about to enter Roncesvalles - it's strangely quiet out here. Hunto was closed, Orisson too, so it's been cold, lonely nights spent in the shelter of rocks ;)

1585644223301.png
That's me, the V marker. It's been a long week of hard toil - the Pyrenees seem to have steepened since the last time I was here. I've taken almost as long as Paulo Coelho claims to have taken.

Cold, icy rain scheduled for today and heavy rain tomorrow (April Fool's Day) before a sunny weekend so debating whether or not to stay here for a couple of days or push on to Zubiri and get ahead of the bad weather.
Shouldn't have listened to @trecile about the sandals though - think I might have frostbite in the toes of my left foot . . .

❄ 🌡🦶

Just about to enter Roncesvalles - it's strangely quiet out here. Hunto was closed, Orisson too, so it's been cold, lonely nights spent in the shelter of rocks ;)

View attachment 72238
That's me, the V marker. It's been a long week of hard toil - the Pyrenees seem to have steepened since the last time I was here. I've taken almost as long as Paulo Coelho claims to have taken.

Cold, icy rain scheduled for today and heavy rain tomorrow (April Fool's Day) before a sunny weekend so debating whether or not to stay here for a couple of days or push on to Zubiri and get ahead of the bad weather.
Shouldn't have listened to @trecile about the sandals though - think I might have frostbite in the toes of my left foot . . .

❄ 🌡🦶
What a fabulous imagination!! I loved reading about your first leg. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My Camino is a little different and I will admit totally silly...however I am in need of something to keep my mind off of so many serious issues. I saw an article about a young guy in France who ran a marathon on his 23 ft balcony...took him 6 hours as relief from the current situation.

I was to walk the Camino Primitivo starting May 10th of this year...clearly not possible. My wife and I decided to self isolate for 14 days last Thursday sooo...I thought why not walk the 310 km Camino Primitivo over 13 days, while in self isolation, on the 29 ft deck in the backyard.

Day 5 complete...about 125 kms completed... Added each day to my blog www.caminolongwalk.blogspot.com. If someone is looking for something serious this isn't the place to find it...if someone wants to look for something totally goofy, silly, many would say stupid you may find something there. Consider it simply something to do in these tough times.

So look forward to the open Camino pilgrim trails...whenever that is possible.

Guy

My Camino is a little different and I will admit totally silly...however I am in need of something to keep my mind off of so many serious issues. I saw an article about a young guy in France who ran a marathon on his 23 ft balcony...took him 6 hours as relief from the current situation.

I was to walk the Camino Primitivo starting May 10th of this year...clearly not possible. My wife and I decided to self isolate for 14 days last Thursday sooo...I thought why not walk the 310 km Camino Primitivo over 13 days, while in self isolation, on the 29 ft deck in the backyard.

Day 5 complete...about 125 kms completed... Added each day to my blog www.caminolongwalk.blogspot.com. If someone is looking for something serious this isn't the place to find it...if someone wants to look for something totally goofy, silly, many would say stupid you may find something there. Consider it simply something to do in these tough times.

Guy
Well done! 25km a day is impressive - the ultimate hamster wheel 🐹🎡 . . . I'm guessing this summer's project is rebuilding the worn out decking!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Guy
Loved your blog update!

I thought why not walk the 310 km Camino Primitivo over 13 days, while in self isolation, on the 29 ft deck in the backyard.

Day 5 complete...about 125 kms completed...
How's it going, Guy?
I just finished the Invierno - doing the same thing as you - and today am starting the Viejo/Olvidado, posting here to give people who have already walked this way a chance to add their suggestions and input. It's very real incentive to keep walking!

The added advantage is information. I haven't walked this camino yet, and figure that by the time I'm done there'll be a pile of information to use for the 'real thing,' whenever that is.

One month on and only just cleared Puente la Reina

1588410264019.png
If I keep going at this rate then Christmas lunch will be pulpo in SdC!

The combination of images from the Walking4Fun website, Google Earth (I'm tracking myself and a friend from BC) and my photo albums are a constant source of joy:

Me: Oh, I remember that spot!

Myself: Me too! I was there with you

I: I think there's a shady spot just along and around the bend from here where we can all stop and have a rest.

We all take hundreds of photos but how often do we browse them? As a kid the Family Albums used to come out regularly (to the point where my younger sister is a point of reference as to who, what, when and where) whereas my own, digital, collection seldom gets dusted off so I find that I apparently did my 2003 Camino Frances backwards, starting in SdC and ending in SJPP. They were scaned by me from negatives and I can only imagine that I did them in the wrong order - something else to be sorted out for a rainy day.

Meanwhile - on to Estella and Irache; that gate at the wine tap had better be unlocked!

Ulteria!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back