• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Emergency Contact lock screen for phone

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And one suggestion: Add to it, as a reminder to yourself 112 as a reminder of the emergency contact number in Europe. Buen Camino, SY

Actually - for medical emergencies - you could even add: regular medication taken, chronic illnesses/allergies, blood group etc. Really a great idea! Buen Camino, SY

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Mine also has citizenship, medical insurance number and contact information. This way consultate/embassy can be reached as well as medical coverage without fear of not getting paid.

I would not bother with blood type. You will always be given universal type until they make their own checks to know what to give you if you need more. It would be foolish to trust that information from a cell.

I carry info with my passport. Phone good idea as another way to inform. Of the person find you knows electronics. Thanks for the tips bc

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The red background is a great idea. I did pretty much the same in terms of text and added my nationality because if anything happened I would want my consulate to be informed asap as they would act as intermediaries for the folks back home.
As well as the international distress no, 112, I added the direct number for the guardia civil, 062. Posters all across the camino recommend that pilgrims dial the guardia civil number to report any incidents.

I always carry the name of a relative and phone contact number in case of emergency, plus other basic info (my insurance data), besides my passport. I personally prefer low tech options, not gadgets that could be damaged, lost, stolen or turned off.
But I will try the OP proposed system, my next walk. Seems good. Hope we never need it.

As an additional precaution - The iPhone has a built in Emergency number location.
If you put your emergency contact in to Medical ID in the HEALTH App it can be found by anyone who finds your phone. Most emergency services people should know how to find it.

You click on the home button to get the passcode screen and then click on the 'Emergency' button.
The Medical ID button will show up if you have filled in the Medical ID information.

My phone was returned when lost because of this neat trick!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I personally prefer low tech options, not gadgets that could be damaged, lost, stolen or turned off
Many hide their passports at the bottom of their backpack or whereever else for "safety", whereas the phone is typically within reach, as it serves as a Camera. Carry both: paper and tech.

I have the same except for the red background, think I might change mine to a red, thanks for the idea.

I created special lock screen graphic for my phone with my name and email address, and my husband's name, phone number, and email address. I made the background red so that it can also be used as a red light in albergues. View attachment 34572
I'd be interested in the steps you took to produce that screen. Using Microsoft Office and Paint on my android , I don't have seem to have any software to put the text on a red Paint page. Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'd be interested in the steps you took to produce that screen. Using Microsoft Office and Paint on my android , I don't have seem to have any software to put the text on a red Paint page. Thanks
Google color screen filter android. There are a number of apps that allow you to do that.

@Bob Chambers I used a graphics program I have on my computer, and saved it as a jpeg.
I haven't used Paint in years, and have never used it on my phone, but as I recall, there should be an option to add a text box.

Or you could just draw/write it by hand on paper and take a photo of that ;-) Buen Camino, SY

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back