• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

En Route!! Vasco: Etapes 8 - Like Guidance!!

Limah

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2015
Hi friends,
I made my way over to Vasco from Camino Baztan. En route now. Problem- Happy problem. I will need to rest in Salinillas before takig ascent to Haro. Gronze & Consumer advise that Camino Vasco skirts around Salinillas.
http://www.gronze.com/guia-del-camino-vasco-del-interior/etapas/etapa-8a-la-puebla-de-arganzon-haro

Hearing this, I'd like to hear from someone who did this alt. route (going to Santo D. instead of Burgos). Will I have trouble going to Salinillas, are there signs or clear sight of village? Gracias!

Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi there
We walked to Santo D in 2013 on this route and walked from La Puebla de A to Brinas in one day. It was well marked to follow arrows. We walked through Salinillas and didn't stop because it was too early in the day. The hill after Salinillas , Portillo de la Lobera , in fact, has a gentle slope upwards (as mentioned in Gronze) but it is steeper on the other side.
I am interested in how you transfered to the vasco from the Baztan? It is beautiful countryside. Cheers jill

I realize this comment is too late but might help someone else. The climb prior to Brinas /Haro area is actually not very difficult and once on top provides a beautiful view of the river and valley below.

Ultreya,
Joe

Attachments

• 245.JPG
    245.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 13
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.