Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

end of June or end of August?

Darren John

Hello community,

I have finally been given my dates for my camino and I have a choice of hitting the way at the end of June or waiting till the end of august? choices, choices! Can anyone help me with which would be the best time to go? Would like it not to busy on the way but defo want the weather.

much thanks

Darren

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
D

Deleted member 3000

September is no longer a quiet time, but I think the weather is better. The crowd in June is younger. I would go in late August, but several tens of thousands of pilgrims disagree with me, and go in June! The route will be busy (or very busy) at both times.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Year of past OR future Camino
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hello community,

I have finally been given my dates for my camino and I have a choice of hitting the way at the end of June or waiting till the end of august? choices, choices! Can anyone help me with which would be the best time to go? Would like it not to busy on the way but defo want the weather.

much thanks

Darren
Hi Darren, my wife walked from Sjpdp in September 2013, she had almost no rain and the temp. was o.k. And it happened only once that an albergue was full. That was not to bad. Wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

jefferyonthecamino

http://www.barrerabooks.com/ - Guidebooks
Hello community,

much thanks

Darren
August!

vgen5122

Camino Frances (August 19-sept 30,2013) (8/2017)
We went End of August-September 2013, the weather was great! We also just had the experience of one time that the albergue was full. When I go back hopefully in 2016, it will certainly be at the end of August. Its a time that students start going back to school and there are not so many pilgrims on the Camino as in June. Buen Camino.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino

cher99840

Veteran Member
2013, 2017 Camino Frances SJPP-Santiago
2015 St. Olav's Way Oslo-Trondheim
2017 VdlP Seville-Merida
End of June would be too hot for me. I can't imagine walking in July. The first part of September had some days that were pretty warm, but it became more tolerable toward the end. But that of course is personal preference.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads