• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

end of september

maurice

Time of past OR future Camino
Home- Santiago
Hi there!
Finally time to do a new camino! Very happy :) God willing, I will be in Spain in 6 weeks from now, starting the camino del Norte on monday the 30th september.
I had to do the Via de la Plata in three times, because of work and not being able to be free for a longer time then three weeks. So after finishing this route last march I am very happy to start a new one. Is some one starting around that date too?
I read a bit in some treads from people. like the one why you must not walk it but that was his experience, everyone has a different experience but mine is always positive. Sure sometimes thing happens maybe a bit less nice but in general all good.
I wish everyone a beautiful camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen camino Maurice.
You’ll find the first week a lot more ‘up and down’ than leaving Sevilla on the Vdlp.
Depending how fit you are ? Think about stopping ist day (from IrĂșn) in Pasajes de San Juan , & day 2 enjoying a couple of hours in San SebastiĂĄn before continuing on to Orio for night of day 2. (Note: I wasn’t in the right headspace in early sept 2014 to spend a night in busy San SebastiĂĄn- But I did get back there for 4 nights r&r (recovery from le Puy 2016) and got the most out of it then.
Are you planning to walk ‘all’ Norte route over time or branch off for the primitivo..
I loved doing the full Norte but came back separately for Salvador/primitivo.
Envy you walking this October on the Norte. Numbers hopefully thinner than reported in this previous two weeks of August with vacationers.

Annie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Did the Norte in May/June and loved it !! Started from Irun in the afternoon so Pasages de San Juan was my first stop---worked out well.

Planning for The Primitivo for 2020.

Buen Camino

Buen camino Maurice.
You’ll find the first week a lot more ‘up and down’ than leaving Sevilla on the Vdlp.
Depending how fit you are ? Think about stopping ist day (from IrĂșn) in Pasajes de San Juan , & day 2 enjoying a couple of hours in San SebastiĂĄn before continuing on to Orio for night of day 2. (Note: I wasn’t in the right headspace in early sept 2014 to spend a night in busy San SebastiĂĄn- But I did get back there for 4 nights r&r (recovery from le Puy 2016) and got the most out of it then.
Are you planning to walk ‘all’ Norte route over time or branch off for the primitivo..
I loved doing the full Norte but came back separately for Salvador/primitivo.
Envy you walking this October on the Norte. Numbers hopefully thinner than reported in this previous two weeks of August with vacationers.

Annie
I was the last part of the via de la Plata I walked last march, camino de Sanabria, there where some hills too :) especially walking out of Ourense, that was heavy lol
Thank you Annie for your repley. I will walk the camino del Norte because I always like to do a whole camino, missing a few kilometers makes me nervous lol
About my condition, none. I work every day except in the weekends so in day time I dont have the time to walk. In the weekend I often have to clean my house, do crocerries and that kind of stuff, yes I do walk every weekend but thats between two and four hours, I dont get condition of that.
I know myself, it's always hard the first week, and then slowly I start to get some condition, after 10-12 days walking I am always fine, don't want to stop then even iff I walked 30-35km :)
Yes, I hope it will be not too busy, that was very great on the via de la Plata, very very quiet, maybe 5-6 perregrinos a day. Take care Annie!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Exited! Exited!Next week this time I will be at Schiphol Airport, my flight will soon leave for Barcalona :) Can't wait! Joehoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) :) :) happieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) :) :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.