• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ending at Logroño and have 4 days before heading back to Barcelona to fly home

USKarenFL

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances June 3-16 2023
Hello it is our first time in Camino we will end at Logroño , June 12 , this trip and have 4 days to sightsee/travel to different cities before having to be back in Barcelona on June 16 .
I would like to see some other cities easy to get back to Barcelona without traveling one full day . Was hoping for some advice few hours train rides and don’t mind different places each day . Thank you

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The most obvious large city between Logroño and Barcelona is Zaragoza, which is well worth a visit for its famous riverside church (Nuestra Señora del Pilar) and for having Spain's most impressive Islamic monument outside Andalucía (the Aljafería). Transport connections to/from Zaragoza should be plentiful.

Another city I would recommend, near Barcelona, is Tarragona, for its wealth of Roman and medieval monuments. It's easy to get to from Barcelona or possibly en route.

Enjoy!

Good morning thank you for that information I will look into those cities and transportation

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I would bus it to San Sebastián. I could easily spend 4 days on the beach and enjoying the food there. You could also take a day trip to the Guggenheim in Bilbao or visit Biarritz, France.
Then there is a direct train from San Sebastián to Barcelona to end your trip.

I traveled to Barcelona after completing my first Camino Monday and went to Montserrat yesterday. It felt beautiful to be in such a spiritual place after completing my own pilgrimage. I found out there’s a Camino there (why am I surprised!?) and spent several hours hiking on the trails there after taking funicular to top. Heights not for faint hearted but u manages notwithstanding fear of heights. On of highlights of my trip. Highly recommend.

Depends on your inclinations. For me a day or so in Logrono, a side trip to Haro and perhaps even to Calahorra would keep me content. Though Haro and the wines of the Rioja Alta could soak up a week...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The most obvious large city between Logroño and Barcelona is Zaragoza, which is well worth a visit for its famous riverside church (Nuestra Señora del Pilar) and for having Spain's most impressive Islamic monument outside Andalucía (the Aljafería). Transport connections to/from Zaragoza should be plentiful.

Another city I would recommend, near Barcelona, is Tarragona, for its wealth of Roman and medieval monuments. It's easy to get to from Barcelona or possibly en route.

Enjoy!
Hola I wanted to let you know we spent 2 extra days in Logroño with a festival and visiting wineries was great then went to Zaragoza !!! Highly recommend! I would have like to stay longer there than to Montserrat and Barcelona. I will def be back so will plan other cities to add to Camino ,

I’ve been to all of these places mentioned by posters and can attest that each is worth a visit. In short, you can’t go wrong with any of these recommendations. Too bad you don’t have several weeks instead of several days to be a tourist! 🤪

If you haven’t spent a week in Barcelona before, though, consider just staying there.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back