• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

English book about the Del Norte

David O'Stone

Looking for help…

I’m planning on embarking the Del Norte with my girlfriend.
A few questions need answers and those couldn’t be found… so far…

1) Is there an updated English written book about the Del Norte??
2) Is there a problem going tenting throughout the roads (as we are planning to do!)??
3) What weather should I expect if I’m starting during mid September?
4) Are there small towns and places to buy fresh food along the way? (bread, cheese, ham, etc)

Anywho, the most important consideration is an updated English written book.
Thanks
D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Welcome David.
If you go to the Confraternity of St James website you will find a lot to help you there. They have guide books to the Del Norte, updated 2010, for sale. This includes where there are beds/bars/some shops etc as well as the route. If you join the confraternity you can also ask for their credencial.
For all other information this site has everything you need. :)

Hi Tia,

I went to that website but i could not find any book.
The ones i have seen are written in other languages. i even payed a visit to Foyles (a huge book shop in london) and could not find an english written book specific to the del norte

if it's not too much trouble, could you include a direct link to the book and possibly a full name.

regarding my other questions, the answers may be found in here but for someone who isn't a regular forumist it's not exactly clear where it's all placed. unfortunately

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Is there a difference between the Del Norte and the Tunnel route?
if i understand correctly from the maps it starts as the del norte and then seperats to go a bit down from it.
Right?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.