• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar
English Notes for the Camino from Lourdes to Sain-Jean-Pied-de-Port

English Notes for the Camino from Lourdes to Sain-Jean-Pied-de-Port 2

No permission to download

Mark McCarthy

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
Mark McCarthy submitted a new resource:

English Notes for the Camino from Lourdes to Sain-Jean-Pied-de-Port - A suggested itinerary for anyone wishing to start the CF in Lourdes

A suggested itinerary for anyone wishing to start the Camino Frances/Voie du Piemont in Lourdes. I have split the first two days in to three days to help ease your start. Starting from the grotto in Lourdes is a great way to start your Camino. There is currently no guidebook for this stretch and the only notes are in French. The latest French notes are available for free from the Accuiel Jacquaire in Lourdes. I would really appreciate if anyone who does walk this, could send me additions and...

Read more about this resource...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
i have cycled from Lourdes to Somport, if that is of interest. I will be looking for Beta testers for an obscure Camino from Chatellerault in the Vienne which has a Lourdes option from Lescar, via Lourdes to Oloron Ste Marie, once things open up again. Please note this is primarily for cyclists, due to the paucity of affordable lodging. Of course you all know that the Lourdes Pilgrimage is rather recent, but it seemed a shame to miss out the possibility.
Mark, if you like I will send you the complete route and my notes. Please everyone else wait a bit, as some parts aren't ready for Beta test yet. I will post in an appropriate place once they are.

I walked from Lourdes to SJPdP, then onto Santiago, in 2015. There were resources, but all in French. I purchased all the guidebooks in French I could find, especially those with contour maps. Many people spoke English along the way, and I spent many, many total hours cobbling together my sense of graphics and my tres horrible Francais in order to make heads or tails out of what to do and which way to go. The signs were pretty good, though, and I never made any wrong turns! Can't say the same for a few corners on the CF. Once I got to SJPdP, I mailed the French guidebooks home so I could save the weight.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for yout notes!
Take note that Monsieur Eric is no more in charge of Relais du Bastet, in Oloron, and the phone number does not work anymore (as I discovered a couple of years ago). The albergue is currently managed by a pilgrim association. The phone number seems to be 06.44.80.70. 96.
Some guides (mostly in French) were discussed here in the forum.

Back