• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

English speaking travel agent in SdC

Gailsie

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Fall '09 ;
Can someone familiar with SdC recommend a travel agent who can help me when I finish my camino with train reservations? I don't know if my limited Spanish will allow me to walk into a travel agency and find out the information that I need in Spanish. Five years ago I used Ivar's travel centre.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Gailsie,

Why not ask at the Pilgrims' office when you finally arrive in Santiago? Also in the past I have always found those agents who sell international tickets at the RENFE station to be most helpful with planning routes, obtaining discounts, etc.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

When I was last in Santiago, the agent in the RENFE office near the Pilgrims' Office was able to help me in English.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ivar might be able to help. Obviously he speaks English and he has a computer in his office. I find he is a very friendly, helpful and obliging person. He locked up and walked me to a shop to by a new charger for my phone when I mentioned mine had failed.
As an aside I wonder how many of us take the chance to go and see him and JW and thank them for what they do for us?

I use the Renfe ticket machines as they are in English and always finds the cheapest tickets, lets you chose your seat, cheapest time to travel etc

Just contact Ivar via this / his forum and I am sure he will be able to help you!
Buen Camino! SY

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I used Viajes Viloria in November -- Very nice, English-speaking ladies. It's very well-known, and not far from the Cathedral -- ask anyone for directions .
c/ Senra, 28
15702 Santiago de Compostela

Buen Camino!
Terry

Can someone familiar with SdC recommend a travel agent who can help me when I finish my camino with train reservations? I don't know if my limited Spanish will allow me to walk into a travel agency and find out the information that I need in Spanish. Five years ago I used Ivar's travel centre.

Hola Gailsie

If all you need is train tickets within Spain then the RENFE office next to the Pilgrims Office in Rua do Vilar is where you need to to. They will be able to communicate with you in English. If there is any difficulty just ask if one of the Amigos (in Blue T shirts) will assist you.

For international travel reservations you probably need a travel agent and some have been mentioned in this thread:

The people at the Camino Travel Centre speak English: http://caminotravelcenter.com/about-us/

Also near the Pilgrims' Office is Viajes Viloria: http://www.viajesviloria.com/MSAirmet2.asp?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks all for the information. I will have to head back to Lisbon for my flight back to Canada. I do not understand whether RENFE will ticket me through to Portuguese cities. I think that I read somewhere that I have to change trains at the border. So that is why I wanted to go in somewhere to discuss train travel between SdC and Lisbon.

Depending on timing when I reach SdC, I may want to stop at Tomar and/or Coimbra on my way back to . So I will really need help making ticketing decisions. I researched the Viagjes Viloria site but it was in Spanish. I did not think that the Camino Travel Centre dealt with train tickets, just camino tours. Will check them out again.

This forum is so great in getting information ahead of time and taking out some of the worries out of travelling. Looking forward to my camino from Porto to Santiago in mid May

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.