• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Entering France summer 2021

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I suppose each country within and outside Europe will need to design an opening up system of some sort and no doubt there will be variations between systems with some common binding rules to permit travel once again. You can’t shut a country down for too long. So, this is good news and hopefully we will see more of it in the coming months. If we all take extra care and follow the rules it just might work. God willing, as they say. There’s been too much suffering and too many losses already.

He forgets May 3rd, since which travel within France has been open to all of those either within the country at present, or already able to enter.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What seems to be becoming clearer, is there will not likely be a coordinated computerized international Health pass when EU countries open up. France will accept paper certificates. It will be interesting to see how this impacts pass control.

What seems to be becoming clearer, is there will not likely be a coordinated computerized international Health pass when EU countries open up. France will accept paper certificates.
It is not legal to demand that individual travellers must have taken a medicine that is still in trial, and has been provided only with emergency authorisation.

Therefore it is likely that at most, only a negative test result can be demanded, supposing that the sanitary situation might warrant it.

What they are telling us in Canada is that Canada and the EU countries are working on a digitalized certificate similar to the certificates that are already issued for going into certain countries with yellow fever and such. We are used to getting our travel shots for different countries and they will just work on that same premise. Trudeau is talking about summer travel and having them ready for then.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Personally, I fail to see the point in debating and discussing this. These are all suppositions and not based on any real facts. The reality is Covid is present and presents a danger to everyone whether they are vaccinated or not. The new mutations are happening in every country on earth.
I have no plans or desire to travel until 2022!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I can see that this thread is going to deteriorate into a debate with no real point. I am closing the thread. If anyone wants it reopened because they think they have useful factual practical information, then please PM one of the moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back