Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Entering Santiago?

mdefrayne

Howdy,

I can't seem to find my Redbook instructions from the Camino Frances. Does anyone have the walking instructions for entering Santiago and reaching the Cathedral.

Thanks,
Mark

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Canuck

Veteran wanderer
Past OR future Camino
?
Hi!

I would be tempted to say: Just follow the arrows. But here his the actual way:

Rua Dos Concheiros, rua de San Pedro, Porta do Camino, rua das Casas Reais, rua das Animas, plaza de Cervantes, rua de la Azabacheria, Arco del Obispo, Plaza del Obradoiro.

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

mdefrayne

Hi Jean-Marc,

Thank you very much. It was 2006 when I last completed the pilgrimage and for some reason I can't find my Red Confraternity book. You are right, follow the Yellow arrows doesn't work that well in the heart of the city. They have a way of being very hard to find.

Thank you very much! :D

Mark

mdefrayne

Jean-Marc,

Thank a lot hermano! I really appreciate it. Time is slowly getting closer, only 4-weeks till we leave. This is my wife's first time backpacking let alone this type of distance. I don't want to mess up at the very end. :wink:

Thank you very much,
Mark

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

deepfat

I got to Santiago on Saturday May 9th. I had no guide book or map and so just followed the arrows with no problems whatsoever. Very straightforward. Hope you have as magical an arrival as we did - Saturday afternoon, market stall, musicians, festival atmosphere, sun shining, Galician piper as we walked down the steps to the square. It was worth every blister over 519 miles! :D

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads