Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.

Entering Santiago?

mdefrayne

Howdy,

I can't seem to find my Redbook instructions from the Camino Frances. Does anyone have the walking instructions for entering Santiago and reaching the Cathedral.

Thanks,
Mark

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Canuck

Veteran wanderer
Year of past OR future Camino
?
Hi!

I would be tempted to say: Just follow the arrows. But here his the actual way:

Rua Dos Concheiros, rua de San Pedro, Porta do Camino, rua das Casas Reais, rua das Animas, plaza de Cervantes, rua de la Azabacheria, Arco del Obispo, Plaza del Obradoiro.

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

mdefrayne

Hi Jean-Marc,

Thank you very much. It was 2006 when I last completed the pilgrimage and for some reason I can't find my Red Confraternity book. You are right, follow the Yellow arrows doesn't work that well in the heart of the city. They have a way of being very hard to find.

Thank you very much! :D

Mark

mdefrayne

Jean-Marc,

Thank a lot hermano! I really appreciate it. Time is slowly getting closer, only 4-weeks till we leave. This is my wife's first time backpacking let alone this type of distance. I don't want to mess up at the very end. :wink:

Thank you very much,
Mark

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendent that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

deepfat

I got to Santiago on Saturday May 9th. I had no guide book or map and so just followed the arrows with no problems whatsoever. Very straightforward. Hope you have as magical an arrival as we did - Saturday afternoon, market stall, musicians, festival atmosphere, sun shining, Galician piper as we walked down the steps to the square. It was worth every blister over 519 miles! :D

Latest posts