• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Entering Spain on Napoleon Route...questions unanswered

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepi

Time of past OR future Camino
Last: Sept 2022
next 🤷
I'll arrive in BIQ in late August to proceed to SJPdP and have a valid certificate of vaccination with QR, sufficient to enter France. Walking the Napoleon route passing the "green border" to Roncesvalles and beyond, there is no border checkpoint.
Standard Peregrino procedure.

Do I need to apply for the FCS form on SpTH anyway, and how would it be checked? Besides, the form contains a number of required questions such as Flight # and entry airport (to Spain), which are unanswerable, (unless I lie)

Can anyone currently on the Camino speak of their own experience? Am I overconcerned maybe?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You don't have to fill in the Spanish health control form when you walk from SJPP to Roncesvalles.

All persons travelling to Spain from another country (including children of any age, travellers in transit and residents in Spain returning home), must complete the Health Control Form associated with their trip. When travelling by air, this can be done via the WEB or the APP, Spain Travel Health-SpTH (available for Android and iOS). When travelling by sea (ferries), this can be done through the following link: .
At the present time it is not mandatory to present any form if the trip to Spain is by land.
Source: https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm. Click on the tab "Travel to Spain", then click on the tab "Health Control Form and Accepted Certificates".

PS: Sometimes the official Spanish government websites refer to "all persons travelling", sometimes to "all passengers" but what they mean is always the same: people in planes and on cruise ships.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, @Kathar1na. As you write, the official government language is confusing, the translations thereof do not add any clarity. I guess that in such a situation, we (peregrinos) must prevail with common sense.

I guess that the excitement about my forthcoming Camino lets me ponder about too many possible conflicts..🙄

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'll arrive in BIQ in late August to proceed to SJPdP and have a valid certificate of vaccination with QR, sufficient to enter France. Walking the Napoleon route passing the "green border" to Roncesvalles and beyond, there is no border checkpoint.
Standard Peregrino procedure.

Do I need to apply for the FCS form on SpTH anyway, and how would it be checked? Besides, the form contains a number of required questions such as Flight # and entry airport (to Spain), which are unanswerable, (unless I lie)

Can anyone currently on the Camino speak of their own experience? Am I overconcerned maybe?
looks like France has closed its borders to Spain, not sure if this applies to people on foot.

looks like France has closed its borders to Spain
Where do you see that? All I see is that the French Secretary of State for European Affairs, Clément Beaune, said in an interview to his countrymen and women yesterday: Those who have not yet booked their holidays, avoid Spain, Portugal in your destinations, it is a word of caution. This is a recommendation on which I insist, it is better to stay in France or go to other countries (...), we have a situation which is particularly worrying. Attention, we will decide them in the coming days, but we will be able to have reinforced measures.

But that is the word of a French minister to the French. As we know, there are no uniform pan-European voices. It wasn't even an official French government statement. The official spokesperson, when asked about it, said more or less, that they didn't know what Beaune was talking about.

Reinforced measures ... that could just mean that those who return from Spain to France need to present more tests again or go into quarantine after their return from holidays or something along those lines.

I doubt that there will be border closures this summer. And besides, most countries in Continental Europe let people leave their country - why would they stop foreign pilgrims from leaving France and go to Spain? The restrictions bite when people are back home from their holiday trips abroad.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Following my own advice, here is the official and updated EU guide for traveling from one country to another.

Following my own advice, here is the official and updated EU guide for traveling from one country to another.
The best thing about Reopen Europe is the fact that it provides an overview and has plenty of links to the government websites of each country.

I notice that Origin Switzerland - Transit France - Destination Spain is a little incomplete.

When you look at Origin Switzerland - Destination France and Origin France - Destination Spain, you get a more complete and up to date information.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The best thing about Reopen Europe is the fact that it provides an overview and has plenty of links to the government websites of each country.

I notice that Origin Switzerland - Transit France - Destination Spain is a little incomplete.

When you look at Origin Switzerland - Destination France and Origin France - Destination Spain, you get a more complete and up to date information.
Thanks Kathar1na, again, the legal mumble of the text leaves for interpretation. As I will cross the green border near Roland’s fountain, my conclusion to disregard remains unchanged😌

Until my departure end August, I’ll however keep an eye on Reopen.eu, as things currently change rapidly, for worse or hopefully for better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back