A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Live - Camino Francés Entry into Leon

Camino(s) past & future
Please please reopen the BLUE BRIDGE across the motorway.On previous Caminios I have used this route,but today I used the diversion.The final downhill is not good,and I have the knees to show for it.It is not just high and steep,it is also incredibly rough,and at my age I will have to bus it into the city on my next Camino.I watched others of my age struggle,and what a welcome it was to the city for all those on bikes.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Burgos-SdC May-June 2016; CF: The whole enchilada April-June 2018
I too hope the pedestrian walkway will be reopened. We had to take the detour in May this year and it just seemed to go on forever. Fortunately for us, that downhill section was dry, but still difficult, and I can see from comments here that on rainy days it’s treacherous.

Camino(s) past & future
2035 km of the way to Saint James in Galicia done.
The blue pedestrian bridge is closed because of major roadworks on the other side until the end of 2018.

http://www.caminosantiagoleon.es - Desvío por obras en la llegada a la ciudad de León - Camino association of Leon

They simply bulldozed a path straight up the hill. It is steep and quite slippery when it rains. I eventually decided to leave the muddy track and picked my way down through the shrubbery to the right. Great view of Leon Cathedral.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18
The blue pedestrian bridge is closed because of major roadworks on the other side until the end of 2018.

http://www.caminosantiagoleon.es - Desvío por obras en la llegada a la ciudad de León - Camino association of Leon

They simply bulldozed a path straight up the hill. It is steep and quite slippery when it rains. I eventually decided to leave the muddy track and picked my way down through the shrubbery to the right. Great view of Leon Cathedral.
Thanks for the info, Katharina

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.5%