• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Epilog and reflections for those who await

PilgrimPillar

Rota Vicentina, fisherman’s trail, is sweet...
Time of past OR future Camino
Please come with
suggestions….
Thx….!!
Epilog from returning after SJPP-SdC now in July009104FA-B5DB-4E22-B32D-5357126B1B9E.jpeg

On my flight home now. Time for some final thoughts of my Camino Frances from SJPP and tips for those who awaits.

My pilgremage has this time around confirmed and reassured me that the magic is still there and it’s strong.

First.

No one should stay at home with a full vaccination program onboard. You have possibility to go on a pilgremage? Use that option.

Why so prompt?

There is a window of opportunity now for travel. A everchanging pandemic can make one regret for waiting.

I never felt uneasy or dismaid. People in general are concerned and abide using face mask when in proximity of others. Especially in urban areas.

(As of yesterday over 56% of population have got their vaccines. Hospitalized numbers are still fairly low. This even with record numbers of covid positives. A mutation progress can change this, but again, everyone decide for themselves.)

Secondly.

The Camino experience is very special and there was a strong sense of privilege and gratitude among us towards Spain for making our steps on path feasible/safe.

Last but not least.

Spain needs us. Portugal needs us. We need them. We need to wander once more.

Business owners talk in general terms of a 15% volume compared to 2019. At the same time they uphold service level to get that revenue they can.

And this is those who have survived so far. Numbers of how many that have been forced to close doors, I do not have, but it’s huge one. I have examples of over 100 years continuous family operations that exists no more more.

This is why those of us who are “early adopters” is doubly important. The pilgrimage for our personal benefit and for those that serve and enables us. Blessings all around.

Me…?

I go back to Portugal in September if doable. Ticket to Lisbon is already bought. Joining up with a caminando five years back. A jubilee so to say. I pray for it to happen🙏🏼

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Epilog from returning after SJPP-SdC now in JulyView attachment 106004

On my flight home now. Time for some final thoughts of my Camino Frances from SJPP and tips for those who awaits.

My pilgremage has this time around confirmed and reassured me that the magic is still there and it’s strong.

First.

No one should stay at home with a full vaccination program onboard. You have possibility to go on a pilgremage? Use that option.

Why so prompt?

There is a window of opportunity now for travel. A everchanging pandemic can make one regret for waiting.

I never felt uneasy or dismaid. People in general are concerned and abide using face mask when in proximity of others. Especially in urban areas.

(As of yesterday over 56% of population have got their vaccines. Hospitalized numbers are still fairly low. This even with record numbers of covid positives. A mutation progress can change this, but again, everyone decide for themselves.)

Secondly.

The Camino experience is very special and there was a strong sense of privilege and gratitude among us towards Spain for making our steps on path feasible/safe.

Last but not least.

Business owners talk in general terms of a 15% volume compared to 2019. At the same time they uphold service level to get that revenue they can.

And this is those who have survived so far. Numbers of how many that have been forced to close doors, I do not have, but it’s huge one. I have examples of over 100 years continuous family operations that exists no more more.

This is why those of us who are “early adopters” is doubly important. The pilgrimage for our personal benefit and for those that serve and enables us. Blessings all around.

Me…?

I go back to Portugal in September if doable. Ticket to Lisbon is already bought. Joining up with a caminando five years back. A jubilee so to say. I pray for it to happen🙏🏼
Yes, I agree!! Very well written.😊

Epilog from returning after SJPP-SdC now in JulyView attachment 106004

First.

Why so prompt?

Secondly.

Last but not least.

Me…?

Lucky you- I’m in Australia and our borders are shut with no sign of getting out anytime soon. I was due for my first Camino in May 2020. I dream on . Enjoy your experiences 😊🙏 it’s good to read here what is happening

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sandra

Thx for responce. Patience is a virtue they say….a struggle for sure….I’m sure of this though….we will come out of this mess at one point….it’s a matter of time….and in retrospect aussie governance was a good one…?…...not unlikely🤔

The path awaits you Sandra🙏🏼

Lucky you- I’m in Australia and our borders are shut with no sign of getting out anytime soon. I was due for my first Camino in May 2020. I dream on . Enjoy your experiences 😊🙏 it’s good to read here what is happening

Ultreia🙏🏼!

I fly to Camino Norte Aug 12...and you made me feel better about it. Thank-you
Thank you for staying positive👍 That is what we need the most🙏

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat as you Sandra. I’ve cancelled twice and been waiting 18 months to re-book but much dismayed by where we find ourselves, still!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’m in the same boat as you Sandra. I’ve cancelled twice and been waiting 18 months to re-book but much dismayed by where we find ourselves, still!!
Let’s hope we get there! Still hopeful it will happen.. eventually 😊

Sandra, I feel your pain but in reverse. Our granddaughter was born 14 months ago in Sydney and we still have not been allowed to go meet her. We are praying the borders open soon too!! Your camino will happen as will our meeting....hang in there. Lots of stuff to read here to keep your interests going.😉 Buen 'Aussie' camino in the meantime.😊🙂

Sandra, I feel your pain but in reverse. Our granddaughter was born 14 months ago in Sydney and we still have not been allowed to go meet her. We are praying the borders open soon too!! Your camino will happen as will our meeting....hang in there. Lots of stuff to read here to keep your interests going.😉 Buen 'Aussie' camino in the meantime.😊🙂
Thank you. I hope you get to meet your granddaughter soon 🙏❤️

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back