A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Podcast Episode 33 featuring Tom t2andreo

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
Yes it is me. Thanks for the shout out...

I think Dave left about 20 minutes of my interview on the cutting room floor. I know we spoke for over an hour. But he did do an excellent job of editing.

Now, I just need to write the Camino book everyone has been badgering me to undertake... I have a concept and rough outline in my head. Just suffering from writer's inertia...not exactly writer's block.

I KNOW what I want to say, and pretty much how I want to approach it. I just need to move off the X and start doing it.

Thank you all for your very kind words.

Last edited:

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
This is silly Tom - but although I know you are from USA ., I always read your messages while ‘hearing’ it without the American accent :rolleyes:
So...listening to the podcast and hearing your American accent kept me smiling ..
one day I hope to meet you.
Thanks for all your helpful posts and other pms
Annie

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
We are all very lucky that i managed to lose the very hard accent I grew up with, in northern New Jersey, just across the river from New York City. Yikes! I had a wonderful speech teacher in high school who helped with my elocution.

Even so, I still find it very strange to listen to myself.

linkster

Nunca dejes de creer!
Camino(s) past & future
CF (17) Sarria - Portomarín
CF (17) SJPdP - SdC
CF (18) SJPdP - Fisterra
CP (19) Porto - Muxia
I just noticed that this post is NOT showing in "What's new". I posted the thread under Camino Podcast ... I would like others to be able to hear about T2andreo's contributions. Any suggestions?

Dave

Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
I just noticed that this post is NOT showing in "What's new". I posted the thread under Camino Podcast ... I would like others to be able to hear about T2andreo's contributions. Any suggestions?
I've wondered the same, linkster. Any insights, @ivar ?

Dave

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
This is silly Tom - but although I know you are from USA ., I always read your messages while ‘hearing’ it without the American accent :rolleyes:
So...listening to the podcast and hearing your American accent kept me smiling ..
one day I hope to meet you.
Thanks for all your helpful posts and other pms
Annie
That must be my advanced education years in Boston coming through. "Proper" English tends to creep in. I avoid using the Commonwealth spellings: labor instead of labour, color / colour, etc. Some of my pronunciation also slides towards my Canadian friends usage, as I actually think they are more correct than we are, south of the 49th parallel...

Oh well, as long as I was clear and sincere...all I ever want to be...

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
For the record, I am not seeking approbation. While gratifying on one level, it is also a tad embarrassing. I spent nearly a 30-year government career relying on my ability to live beneath the radar, in the shadows so to speak. This is also why I do not use my true name - ever.

If you listen to the podcast, there are two others with very good and highly valuable stories to tell about volunteering on the Camino. I thoroughly enjoyed them. You will too.

Dave is quite the professional in his approach to podcasting. His first shows, like episodes 1 or 2 IIRC, are of our own Johnnie Walker and Rebekah Scott. THOSE interviews are wonderful to listen to. In my off-season, I still listen to them when I need inspiration.

If there are any accolades to go around they deserve them, far before I see any sunshine. I am well content to exist in their long shadows.

But do surf over and give Dave's podcasts a listen. He carries a lot of interesting quests.

BTW... It's just "Tom" NOT "Tommy" please. Only my late father and a some of my very old-school uncles and aunts were allowed to call me that...and only because they were...well my elders... Where I grew up, guys with names like Tommy usually ended up in a Martin Scorcese film sooner or later...if you take my meaning... I got out of that neck of the woods as soon as I could after university... nuff said...

Go listen to Dave's podcasts...

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock