• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Episode 33 featuring Tom t2andreo

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes it is me. Thanks for the shout out...

I think Dave left about 20 minutes of my interview on the cutting room floor. I know we spoke for over an hour. But he did do an excellent job of editing.

Now, I just need to write the Camino book everyone has been badgering me to undertake... I have a concept and rough outline in my head. Just suffering from writer's inertia...not exactly writer's block.

I KNOW what I want to say, and pretty much how I want to approach it. I just need to move off the X and start doing it.

Thank you all for your very kind words.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is silly Tom - but although I know you are from USA ., I always read your messages while ‘hearing’ it without the American accent :rolleyes:
So...listening to the podcast and hearing your American accent kept me smiling ..
one day I hope to meet you.
Thanks for all your helpful posts and other pms
Annie

We are all very lucky that i managed to lose the very hard accent I grew up with, in northern New Jersey, just across the river from New York City. Yikes! I had a wonderful speech teacher in high school who helped with my elocution.

Even so, I still find it very strange to listen to myself.

I just noticed that this post is NOT showing in "What's new". I posted the thread under Camino Podcast ... I would like others to be able to hear about T2andreo's contributions. Any suggestions?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I just noticed that this post is NOT showing in "What's new". I posted the thread under Camino Podcast ... I would like others to be able to hear about T2andreo's contributions. Any suggestions?

I've wondered the same, linkster. Any insights, @ivar ?

Dave

This is silly Tom - but although I know you are from USA ., I always read your messages while ‘hearing’ it without the American accent :rolleyes:
So...listening to the podcast and hearing your American accent kept me smiling ..
one day I hope to meet you.
Thanks for all your helpful posts and other pms
Annie

That must be my advanced education years in Boston coming through. "Proper" English tends to creep in. I avoid using the Commonwealth spellings: labor instead of labour, color / colour, etc. Some of my pronunciation also slides towards my Canadian friends usage, as I actually think they are more correct than we are, south of the 49th parallel...

Oh well, as long as I was clear and sincere...all I ever want to be...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For the record, I am not seeking approbation. While gratifying on one level, it is also a tad embarrassing. I spent nearly a 30-year government career relying on my ability to live beneath the radar, in the shadows so to speak. This is also why I do not use my true name - ever.

If you listen to the podcast, there are two others with very good and highly valuable stories to tell about volunteering on the Camino. I thoroughly enjoyed them. You will too.

Dave is quite the professional in his approach to podcasting. His first shows, like episodes 1 or 2 IIRC, are of our own Johnnie Walker and Rebekah Scott. THOSE interviews are wonderful to listen to. In my off-season, I still listen to them when I need inspiration.

If there are any accolades to go around they deserve them, far before I see any sunshine. I am well content to exist in their long shadows.

But do surf over and give Dave's podcasts a listen. He carries a lot of interesting quests.

BTW... It's just "Tom" NOT "Tommy" please. Only my late father and a some of my very old-school uncles and aunts were allowed to call me that...and only because they were...well my elders... Where I grew up, guys with names like Tommy usually ended up in a Martin Scorcese film sooner or later...if you take my meaning... I got out of that neck of the woods as soon as I could after university... nuff said...

Go listen to Dave's podcasts...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back