• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Episode 36 - The Story of Galicia

Dave

Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
I learned a bunch making this episode and I think many of you will, too. Hope you like it!

Episode 36 - The Story of Galicia

Galicia, the northwest corner of Spain and the home of Santiago de Compostela, is beloved by most pilgrims. It is a place ensconced in legend, with stories ranging from its Celtic origins to the persistence of witches and the Santa Compaña. This episode explores the region's history and stories. Dr. Sharif Gemie, author of Galicia: A Concise History, provides a survey of Galicia from its disputed origins to its contemporary cultural resurgence. Dr. Kristin Valentine follows with a description of two local pilgrimages, or romerías, to Muxía and Teixido. Combined, they are likely to challenge some of your assumptions about the region and also reveal some interesting new details.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I didn't know that the Galicians were considered hostile, rude and lazy for centuries.
In the last century the Galicians were considered one of the most hard workers of Spain and still now they are . Actually, lazy and rude are the worse adjectives for the current Galician people.
Before 19th century most land was owned by the Church and most of it was unproductive. During 19th century this land was confiscated and finally transferred to the people. This is the only reason that I found in history for the change in the vision of work of Galician people.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back