• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Episode 47 - Into the Thin

Dave

Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
Episode 47 - Into the Thin: In his upcoming pilgrim memoir, Into the Thin: A Pilgrimage Walk Across Northern Spain, author Stephen Drew narrates how he was called to the Camino Francés in the wake of a year that he characterizes as an "emotional crucifixion." In this extended discussion of his journey, Stephen speaks to companionship on the Camino, his processing of guilt, shame, and more personal tragedies than anyone should have to endure, and the insights he ultimately arrived at in Finisterre. Ultimately, it's the story of a walk through the thin places on the Camino de Santiago, a walk towards love and away from guilt and shame.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
FANTASTIC!!!! I first of this book from Beth Jusino back in February and pre-ordered it immediately on Amazon. I can't wait to read it. Thankfully, I have this podcast to see me through the Sept 15 pub date. Thank you, Dave, for interviewing him in one of your podcasts!! Can't wait to listen!!

Episode 47 - Into the Thin: In his upcoming pilgrim memoir, Into the Thin: A Pilgrimage Walk Across Northern Spain, author Stephen Drew narrates how he was called to the Camino Francés in the wake of a year that he characterizes as an "emotional crucifixion." In this extended discussion of his journey, Stephen speaks to companionship on the Camino, his processing of guilt, shame, and more personal tragedies than anyone should have to endure, and the insights he ultimately arrived at in Finisterre. Ultimately, it's the story of a walk through the thin places on the Camino de Santiago, a walk towards love and away from guilt and shame.

Thank you so much for your phantastic camino podcast series, @Dave ! They are a joy to listen to, and I do that every day while taking a brisk 90-minute walk near where I live. They make time fly! I have listened to all of them at least twice, and they are very much worth it every time. Still, it is great to see new episodes being added. So thanks again and please keep them coming!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you so much for your phantastic camino podcast series, @Dave ! They are a joy to listen to, and I do that every day while taking a brisk 90-minute walk near where I live. They make time fly! I have listened to all of them at least twice, and they are very much worth it every time. Still, it is great to see new episodes being added. So thanks again and please keep them coming!

Thank you, Yoyo! Such a nice post. (And you, too, Jeff!) It'll be a little while before I get back to making new episodes, though. I've been working on a big project for the last couple of months and am hoping to make a big push before I transition back to whatever school looks like this fall...

Most read last week in this forum

Norte 2023 was the first time I actually put some training into Camino. I walked a lot of stairs at home, a lot. First week in Spain was mountains and mud. After that it was pratically all...
Hi everyone! We're a family from Latvia, starting our 2nd Camino de Santiago. We walked the central Portugese route 1,5 years ago, and will walk the coastal route this time. The first day on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back