• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

European Peace Walk - Start July 28, 2017

edandjoan

Time of past OR future Camino
St. Gallen to Muxia
2012-2018
Many Others
We signed up to start this date. We will arrive a few days early to explore surrounding area. We got the pdf book and also wondered about where to meet in Sopron or just start walking.
We are not on Facebook and there was also a link for that. Hope we don't miss much without that, but we don't do social media.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am very envious. I hope to do that at some point over the next few years. Please report back and tell us how it goes. Have a great journey!

We keep a travel blog and will this year too. I see you walked the le Puy route in 2015 as did we. If you click on the link below, swiss cheese and chocolate, it has links to all our walks in Europe and Israel. We are super excited.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We will soon be walking and journaling:
https://europeanpeacewalkblog.wordpress.com
Hi Ed & Joan,

I live in Ljubljana, Slovenia which you will pass on EPW. You can send me a notice when you will be there and we can meet for a drink or a tour though the city if you wish. I'm also on Viber and Whatsup for easier coordination.

SreÄŤno pot!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Ed & Joan,

I live in Ljubljana, Slovenia which you will pass on EPW. You can send me a notice when you will be there and we can meet for a drink or a tour though the city if you wish. I'm also on Viber and Whatsup for easier coordination.

SreÄŤno pot!

That's cool. We plan to arrive August 11 on a train not sure what time and overnight for two days and go to Lake Bled. We can only communicate when we have wifi so we will let you know more as we get close.

Quick update...
We are two weeks in and this path is not for a beginner. One must be very good at reading and keeping up with cues on a cue sheet. Maps. Me is a must. In some areas the arrows have not been marked in a couple of years and there are downed trees that have been down for sometime. On arrows paths we have hacked our way though nettles, weeds, and briers that are shoulder high. We have gotten lost very little and not far off path but other in our groups have arriving hours after us but having left the same time in the morning.
We have had some really great hosts that have prepared wonderful dinners. The countryside changes from corn fields to rolling hillls and we enjoy the views.

Last edited:
We met up with@kinkyOne in Ljubljana today and I would recommend it. He is very nice and a wealth of information on the area. Thanks for meeting with us and sharing!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We met up with@kinkyOne in Ljubljana today and I would recommend it. He is very nice and a wealth of information on the area. Thanks for meeting with us and sharing!
It has been my pleasure. You are really lovely couple to talk and hang around :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I enjoyed your video very much.
Did you fly in to Vienna and then take the train to Sopron?
After Trieste, what did you do?
Did you pack the same as you did for the camino?
Any advice would be welcome.
Anna

I enjoyed your video very much.
Did you fly in to Vienna and then take the train to Sopron?
After Trieste, what did you do?
Did you pack the same as you did for the camino?
Any advice would be welcome.
Anna

We flew to Vienna and took the train to Budapest, Bratislava, Salzburg and few other places for almost a week and finally to Sopron. After Trieste, a very lovely place with excellent coffee, we took the train to Venice and flew home to the USA.
We did take the same as for a camino. You can read our blog for more information. This was not an easy walk for many reasons, but it showed us some things about ourselves....good and bad.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you for your quick response.
I am reading your blog right now and taking notes. :)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back