• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Eroski's Updated Camino Fisterra guide in English PDF :)

gregdedman

The consumer Eroski site http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es has some very impressive resources for all Caminos in Spain, but unfortunately in Spanish.

Following on from a recent guide I put together on the Camino Frances, I made this guide using the information from the Eroski site, software translated it, adjusted some dodgy translations and created this PDF in English including route notes (apologies for any confusing sentances) stage maps, things to see and do on the route, albergue information and contact details plus height profile maps.

This has been a personal project and I hope you find at least some of the information helpful.
I have done the best to translate the information provided by Eroski and I invite any pilgrims past, present and future to add their own observations to the notes.
Message me or email if you see anything that is out of date or just plain incorrect and I will add or amend.

The PDF can be opened with any PDF reader and is about 1mb in size.
Its is available for viewing and download at;

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32836717

This document has been updated on 3rd July 2010 to include a new Albergue in Negreira.

Buen Camino

Greg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Re: Eroski's Camino Fisterra guide in English PDF :)

Hi Greg
It lookes good and I expect it to be very helpful, Thanks :D :D
I'll start with Caminho Portugues and finish with Camino Fisterra :D

Bom Caminho

Robert

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Hello Greg. I dont know when you dowloaded the guide from consumer eroski, but it's not the last and do not see a hostel in Negreira, "Albergue Lua". I would like that it added. The hostel appears in the last consumer eroski guide. The website, if you want visit it, it's http://www.alberguelua.com
Thank you very much.

hi, Greg,
That looks like it was a lot of work, and I'm sure many people here will appreciate it. I recently walked on this route, and remember that there is a private albergue about 10 kms outside Negreira (could it be in Maronas?). It looked really nice. The camino went right by it, it had a sign with a picture of the statute of St. James from the Santa Marta church, and there was a bar off to the right. We had already stopped at an earlier bar, and were planning to walk on to Olveiroa, so I didn't note the details, but maybe someone else on this forum remembers it.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for your feedback.
Your right, the guide is already a little out of date.

Ill get to work on updating and will post back when its done, shouldnt be to long :)

Thanks again for the feedback and if there are any other omissions, just let me know.

Laurie, it wasn't too much work, especially when you enjoy it so much :)
I just have this camino bug that means when im not walking, Im writing!

Regards
Greg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Hi, Greg,
You could also send recent information to Johnnie Walker of this forum, so that he could update the online English language guide of the Finisterre route that the British Confraternity has available:

http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm

I know what you mean about the camino bug, especially in these first few post-Camino weeks -- I've got it bad myself. Laurie

Just to let you all know, the Fisterra guide has been updated and is now available for viewing and download :)

Laurie, thanks for the suggestion, John and I have been chatting about these guides and Ill pass on any updates that come through me.

Buen Camino

Greg

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back