• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Escapism or yearning to go

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I like the list! Thanks @mspath. Reminded me of an essay I read long long ago in a Canadian newspaper… in which the writer was explaining that *vacating* her day-to-day habits, life, etc and becoming some other version of herself (better, generally) was the goal of her “taking leave” of home and wandering off…

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Not as high minded but I still laugh out loud when I read this for the umpteenth time:

"It had struck me as odd that a large crowd had gathered to see us off. I now realized that they were not seeing us off; they were coming too". (Peter Fleming - News from Tartary).

Easily pleased I know.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Here is a long list of Varied Travel Quotes
which may provide additional reasons for taking another journey.

Happy dreaming !
Thanks! I liked the two by Bourdain. I only heard of him when his own journey was over. This one is my favourite, of the 60:
"So much of who we are is where we have been.”

On this list, the ones by Paulo Coelho and Bryson are my favorites.

My favorite travel quote (on any list):

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” — Mark Twain

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.