• Click to join the Casa Ivar mailing List
    (separate from the forum emails). This includes new videos created on YouTube and new prodcts on the Camino Forum Store. (Click the small "X" on the top right corner to remove this message)

Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

ESIM card for Spain / Data usage

Past OR future Camino
Future
I would like to find out what e-sim cards or SIM cards you recommend for the journey and how much data would be sufficient for camino Primitivo trip. Any advice?

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Jeff B

Past OR future Camino
Frances, Primitivo, Fisterre and Ingles
Just completed the Primitvo, Fisterre and Ingles. Orange worked well for me.
Updated comment - I bought (in Spain) a Tourista SIM for 20 euro. Can't recall how much data, but at least 20 gb, and the card can be 'topped up'. I think that Vodafone or Movistar would work equally well.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Doughnut NZ

From Aotearoa New Zealand
Past OR future Camino
I was seeing orange holiday cards 60g for 15 days … do you remember which data plan you purchased from them?
In general, don't buy the holiday or tourist SIM cards. Some of them can't be topped up and many won't work in other countries.

A standard SIM with data, call and text built in is much more flexible and easy to use when on a longer Camino.

If you are only going for a week or two and will stay in the same county then consider the tourist SIM cards because that is what they are designed for.

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2021
I also used Orange on the first part of the Norte and most of the Frances. Got the one month contract that could be refilled. About 20 euros and way more data than I needed. I ended up having to refill at the end of 30 days even though I had a lot of data left. I didn't use anywhere near the amount of data I bought, but that's just my experience.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads