• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Espirit du Chemin in SJPdP sold..

mralisn

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-SdC (2005), Camino Norte-Fisterra (2010), SJPdP-Muxia-Fisterra (2012), Camino Norte w/Primitivo-Muxia-Fisterra (2014), Camino Portuguese (2016)
Hello everyone,

Maybe you all have known. Only seeing for the first time this morning and looked to see if other postings about this.

Helping out a new friend for her first walk and found the alburgue, "Espirit du Chemin", in SJPdP has sold.

http://www.espritduchemin.org/en

The new owners of "Beilari" have a link:

http://www.beilari.info/en/reservations

My friend reserved a bed on an available night over a week ago and has not heard back. We will try again today to make contact.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Interesting. I have a room booked for May 28th. I haven't received an email about this.
We booked a place for early September 2 weeks ago and got a confirmation.
Jack

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I too am a little worried. I made my reservation a month or so and got confirmation but as Esprit, not under the new name. I sent an email. Hope to hear back this week.

On behalf of my friend, I sent an email to Beilari this morning. I got the usual instant automated response I have seen in the past when I have booked on my own. The email notes receiving many emails and will respond soon.

I am sure this part will work out fine and will follow up in a few days if needed.

I have a reservation at L'Espirit du Chemin for Sept 8th 2014. I just received an email stating that it has been sold and the new name is Beilari, new owners are Joxelu and jakline. New price of €26 for half pension. They plan on keeping everything the same.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Came across the same today. Looking to assist my friend in booking bed next month. Received message today regarding being busy and would reply to bed request soon.

Beilari = pilgrim in Basque. I like it!

http://www.beilari.info/fr

I have a reservation at L'Espirit du Chemin for Sept 8th 2014. I just received an email stating that it has been sold and the new name is Beilari, new owners are Joxelu and jakline. New price of €26 for half pension. They plan on keeping everything the same.
Me too...I tried to email a confirmation, but it wouldn't go thru as the email ended in .info vs. .com.

Now I am now kind of on the fence...not keen on the price change, and since I am stopping at Orrisson and that is already costing over 30€.

Kris

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I responded to the email to confirm (just responded to the email from them) and got an automated response. The link they sent looked funny, so I just responded to the original email.

I just got this e-mail as well, see below for more (including contact info).

================

Hello Ivar,

«L'Esprit du Chemin» and « Beilari » welcome you.

Huberta and Arno, the hosts of the hostel «L'Esprit du Chemin» are leaving Saint Jean Pied de Port to create a new refuge on the Way of Vézelay (southern branch by Nevers.) Their new house is located 25km from Vézelay in the village "Le Chemin " (The Way).

The new hosts, Joxelu and Jakline, will be taking over «L'Esprit du Chemin», located at 40 rue de la Citadelle. The albergue will be renamed «Beilari», which means pilgrim in Basque and ‘one who awakes’. Joxelu and Jakline are devoted to making Beilari as warm and welcoming as their friends, Huberta and Arno.
For more information please visit our websites : http://www.beilari.info and http://www.espritduchemin.org .

We ask for your assistance in conveying this change to pilgrims in the next update of your internet site, brochures, or newsletters. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Cordially,

Joxelu en Jakline
Beilari,
40 rue de la citadelle
642200 Saint Jean Pied de Port, France
tel (0033).(0)559.37.2468
www.beilari.info

Huberta en Arno
L’Esprit du Chemin,
Le Chemin
58800 Anthien, France
tel (0033).(0)386.220.285
www.espritduchemin.org

Good luck to the new people and also to Huberta and Arno on their new venture.

Regards Nalod

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Me too...I tried to email a confirmation, but it wouldn't go thru as the email ended in .info vs. .com.

Now I am now kind of on the fence...not keen on the price change, and since I am stopping at Orrisson and that is already costing over 30€.

Kris
do you have the email address please for Orrisson?

I have received an email from the new owners advising me of this change. They also asked if I could confirm my stay. Nice touch.

I have a booking for two weeks time and today received an email advising of change of owners and asking me to confirm with new owners if I still wished to keep my booking. I did notice the price has gone up, but still good value.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sjpp is not a problem in terms of accommodation. You may be sent around a bit but should be no problems worst case.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
thank you , I'm planning to be in Orisson on the night of the 14th or 15th September but also need to know if there's a bed - I'm awaiting to hear - anyone else there at that time??

thank you , I'm planning to be in Orisson on the night of the 14th or 15th September but also need to know if there's a bed - I'm awaiting to hear - anyone else there at that time??

I'll miss you by a week - I've booked to stay at Orisson on September 21.

I sent confirmation using link provided and asked for confirmation of receipt. I got the following back

Merci pour votre courriel. Ces derniers jours nous avons reçu beaucoup de courriels. Nous travaillons vous répondre le plus rapidement possible!
Thanks for your mail. The last few days we received many many mails. We work hard to answer you as quickly as possible.
Vielen Dank für Ihre Mail. Wir haben in den letzten Tagen viele Mails empfangen. Wir arbeiten hart daran, die so schnell wie möglich zu beantworten.
Gracias por su correo. Estos días tenemos muchos e-mails. Intentaremos responderle lo más rápidamente.
Bedankt voor je mail. Wij hebben de afgelopen dagen heel veel mails ontvangen. Wij werken hard om die zo snel mogelijk te beantwoorden.

I wish them well, but I will miss Huberta and Arno. I was really looking forward to seeing them again. Hey, it's the Camino! Full of doors closing and opening.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll miss you by a week - I've booked to stay at Orisson on September 21.
I have now booked my flight and will be at Orrison 20/21 sept as I am staying with friends for a few days before so see you on the camino!

My husband and I will be at Orisson the night of Sept. 12th

Just got my confirmed booking.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm there on Sep 12th. Takes 3 or 4 days to get a reply.
I use the contact form on their website.
Regds
Gerard

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have now booked my flight and will be at Orrison 20/21 sept as I am staying with friends for a few days before so see you on the camino!

Excellent - see you in September!

On behalf of my friend, I sent an email to Beilari this morning. I got the usual instant automated response I have seen in the past when I have booked on my own. The email notes receiving many emails and will respond soon.

I am sure this part will work out fine and will follow up in a few days if needed.

My friend received a very kind confirmation of her reservation for mid-June this morning. I wish the new owners much success in their new path.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just to be on the safe side maybe you should confirm by adding a reply to your previous email conversation? When are you going?
Thank you, I just e mailed asking for a confirmation, hopefully I will get a response back soon. Leaving on the 29th of May to start my adventure.

Hello everyone,

Maybe you all have known. Only seeing for the first time this morning and looked to see if other postings about this.

Helping out a new friend for her first walk and found the alburgue, "Espirit du Chemin", in SJPdP has sold.

My friend reserved a bed on an available night over a week ago and has not heard back. We will try again today to make contact.

Keep a smile,
Simeon
Simeon.
Thanks for the info. I seem to be unable to access the website via the link http://www.beilari.info/en/reservations. Is there some other ending that I need to use from the USA? Maybe it's my browser that's the problem. I had a reservation for May 17th already but we will see what's up.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Stefania

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just to be on the safe side maybe you should confirm by adding a reply to your previous email conversation? When are you going?
Thanks Al, I just received my confirmation. Getting soooo excited and a bit nervous at the same time. Hope to see you on the trail, I'll have a forum badge on my pack. Starting the 29th of May:)

Hello everyone,

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Well, I just received an email back today asking to confirm my reservation today. I have to admit I am on the fence on whether or not to give it up and get a bed thru the pilgrim's office...I am stopping at Orrisson (already paid). Perhaps someone who can't get into Orrisson, but wants the experience of a family style evening.

Any opinions?
Kris

€46,-
Well, I just received an email back today asking to confirm my reservation today. I have to admit I am on the fence on whether or not to give it up and get a bed thru the pilgrim's office...I am stopping at Orrisson (already paid). Perhaps someone who can't get into Orrisson, but wants the experience of a family style evening.

Any opinions?
Kris

Being able to stay at Espirit du Chemin on two separate occasions helped to bring a fantastic way to start the Camino in '05 and '12. If it were me being in SJPdP again this year, I would give Beilari a go especially if already confirmed a bed for me. Could use this experience with new owners and compare. Of course there is a learning curve and the previous owners did a magnificent job for many many years.

Since you are also staying at Orisson, this could be quite spendy for some and not a problem for others. Although have not stayed in Orisson peronally, never have heard one single negative comment.

Do whichever pleases your soul and keep spirit at ease.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

We just confirmed that we will keep our booking on June 11th.
I see the price has changed to 26 euros but I can't remember what it was before. Anyone know?
Either way we will stay but I'm curious. :)

We just confirmed that we will keep our booking on June 11th.
I see the price has changed to 26 euros but I can't remember what it was before. Anyone know?
Either way we will stay but I'm curious. :)
Bed 8€, Meal 9€, Breakfast 3€.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks Al, I just received my confirmation. Getting soooo excited and a bit nervous at the same time. Hope to see you on the trail, I'll have a forum badge on my pack. Starting the 29th of May:)

Are you staying in Beilari on the 29th Rani?
You'll definitely meet me so! I'll be there! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I finally did get through and received the automatic reply. We will see if I still have a reservation soon I am sure. Thanks for the help.
Stefania
Sorry for you people that are leaving so soon as the new owners need to start making replies. I have just recieved my second automatic reply, but I'm not going to be there till September.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Orisson - I just got my confirmation for May 5th yesterday. After I responded again, they sent me a link for me to pay ahead of time using Paypal - it was easy all on my phone from Paris - John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We stayed at Chemin last year and paid €23 for bed, dinner, breakfast & lunch - the price now is €30 - this is and increase of 30% - their e-mail said the price will change slightly!! It seems astonishing that they feel this is ok on the back of someone else's reputation, it doesn't bode well.

We booked for 9th May and have had it confirmed by the new owners but not sure now whether to look elsewhere. Anyone got any other recommendations please?

I have been away from the forum as of late and only see this thread today.
L'Esprit was indeed a special place. Sad to hear but hope the new owners will continue providing the warm, caring service that Arno and Hubert a provided.

I am sure that there will soon be feedback on the comparative experience between the new and the Arno and Hubert experience by NickkiandBeni and the rest of us. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and still staying on the 10th.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've not stayed under new or old owners but €30 does not seem a lot to pay for dinner, bed and breakfast in France.

Just received my confirmation to Beilari for Sept. The price is 26 Euros for half board. :)

I can't believe it, I am not staying at Espirit du Chemin/ Beilari, I am staying at Le Chemin Vers L'Etoile. I guess I mixed them up because of the "Chemin" in both. Maybe it's good they changed the name so that unobservant people like me don't make the same mistake : ) LOL. If memory serves me right "Etoile" means school so maybe I need to go to school for my French - haven't studied French since 1973. Gee, did I say that?!!!
Can't wait to get to SJPP and hopefully will meet a bunch of Forum Folk!
Stefania

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes Kanga 26 euros for bed/ dinner/breakfast may sound a little high and especially compared to the previous 20 euros. But if the experience is anything like before I will not begrudge the price as I have found the communal meal there an excellent start to a camino, and I made friends I walked with/encountered along the way and in Santiago. Let's hope I am still as positive after my 10th night's sleep!

I am staying there next Wednesday (May 7) trusting all will be well - will let you know

I am staying there next Wednesday (May 7) trusting all will be well - will let you know
Please post after your stay. We are all waiting to hear about it with the new owners.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ok, after my last post I realized that Etoile is not "school" in French. "Ecole" is school! Gee, if I had been studying French instead of Spanish these last several months I would be upset with myself! This just makes me laugh - what a linguist I am! Hope I remember how to say anything when I get there.
If not, I will just smile a bunch and say please and thank you every chance I get : )
Stefania

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back