• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Esposende to Casa de Fernanda

ezbeer

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 C.F.
2016 C.F.
2018 C.P.
2019 C. Salvador + C. Primitivo
Hello Camino friends, we start our 3rd. Camino this time from Porto to SdC and Muxia. We plan to start the coastal rout from Porto to Esposende and from Esposende switch to the Central (by walking) to Casa de Fernanda. Do some one experienced this rout and can recomend the best way to do it?
Any advice will accept with love
Bon Caminho

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello - I did the costal route from Porto via Caminha then to Tui and Pontevedra mid May. From Pontevedra I went west via Combarro (great little Celtic town in Galicia) to get on the Variente Espiritual to reach Santiago via Padron. The stretch from Comabarro to Vilanova de Arousa was one of if not my best experience on the either the Camino Frances (SJPP to Santiago) or Portuguese. If you take this route, check out check out Hope House donativo for lodging just outside Vilanova de Arousa - great people.

We did this last year. However, we could not find a walking route from Esposende to where Casa de Fernanda is. Google maps does show a route (25 k), but it appears to be all on roads. How busy they are I don’t know. We wound up taking a local bus from Esposende to Barcelos, and from there, we picked up the Camino and walked to Casa de Fernanda (approx. 20k). The bus option is pretty easy. It’s a 30 - 40 minute ride between Esposende and Barcelos, and the bus leaves you right by the Camino in central Barcelos. Frequent morning buses. www.transdev.pt/cics-pesquisa. Download the schedules for both Esposende - Barcelos and Apulia - Braga. Both lines run between Esposende and Barcelos. In Esposende, it’s easiest to catch the bus at the bus station. You buy your ticket on board the bus, Bom caminho.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, don’t even think about walking along busy country roads in Portugal. There are no sidewalks and most Portuguese drivers are intent on practising for the Grand Prix.
Jill

Hello @ezbeer, just a reminder to phone ahead to reserve a place at Casa Fernanda. When I arrived there in May 2016 the French pilgrims who were just ahead of me were turned away because they hadn't reserved a bed. See earlier posts re contact details.

Hello @ezbeer, just a reminder to phone ahead to reserve a place at Casa Fernanda. When I arrived there in May 2016 the French pilgrims who were just ahead of me were turned away because they hadn't reserved a bed. See earlier posts re contact details.
Reservation made allready, just talkd to Fernanda, She is sweet. thanks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Reservation made allready, just talkd to Fernanda, She is sweet. thanks
Hi ezbeer: If you do wind up walking to Casa Fernanda instead of taking the bus, please post your route, and let people know if it’s feasible and enjoyable on foot. There’s always a lot of interest in how to cross over (and where) from the coastal to the central route. Thanks!

Hi, don’t even think about walking along busy country roads in Portugal. There are no sidewalks and most Portuguese drivers are intent on practising for the Grand Prix.
Jill
Busy roads are not an option. Thanks

Back