• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Estella Albergue?

Taisce

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer (2015)
We will be flying into Bilbao and spending the night in Estella (to pick up from where we ended last time). Anybody any recommendations for which Albergue is good? We will be arriving late 10pm-ish on the bus, and leaving early next morning. Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Albergues generally close their doors to access by 10pm. And are first-come-first-serve so likely to be full Best to book a cheap hotel and arrange for late arrival. Few ways for that to go wrong on a Camino start. I am leaving in mid May from Leon and did the same thing so my flite to MAD and bus to Leon wont be an issue for late arrival.

Definitely too late for an albergue. Check out Booking.com for a B&B. I stayed in B&B Zaldu last year and can highly recommend it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Like you we spent night in Estella, picking up where we ended last time and we stayed in Hostal El Volante. Very convenient and on route for your start next morning. Cost €59 for 2 which included breakfast...booked through booking.com

Definitely too late for an albergue. Check out Booking.com for a B&B. I stayed in B&B Zaldu last year and can highly recommend it.
Thanks John. I'll check at the albergue we've booked with by email and will also have a look at B& B Zaldu.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Like you we spent night in Estella, picking up where we ended last time and we stayed in Hostal El Volante. Very convenient and on route for your start next morning. Cost €59 for 2 which included breakfast...booked through booking.com
Thanks county cork.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Albergues generally close their doors to access by 10pm. And are first-come-first-serve so likely to be full Best to book a cheap hotel and arrange for late arrival. Few ways for that to go wrong on a Camino start. I am leaving in mid May from Leon and did the same thing so my flite to MAD and bus to Leon wont be an issue for late arrival.
Thanks alhartman. Looks like we'll get to the town by 9.30pm all going well. I'll check with the albergue we've reserved with.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back