A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Estella Albergue?

Taisce

Camino(s) past & future
Summer (2015)
We will be flying into Bilbao and spending the night in Estella (to pick up from where we ended last time). Anybody any recommendations for which Albergue is good? We will be arriving late 10pm-ish on the bus, and leaving early next morning. Thanks!

alhartman

Camino(s) past & future
2005 2007 Frances
2016 Leon to Santiago
Albergues generally close their doors to access by 10pm. And are first-come-first-serve so likely to be full Best to book a cheap hotel and arrange for late arrival. Few ways for that to go wrong on a Camino start. I am leaving in mid May from Leon and did the same thing so my flite to MAD and bus to Leon wont be an issue for late arrival.

John Finn

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Frances - Sarria to Santiago (2013), Burgos to Leon (2014), St Jean Pied de Port to Logrono (2015), Logrono to Burgos (2016), Leon to Sarria (May 2017).
Definitely too late for an albergue. Check out Booking.com for a B&B. I stayed in B&B Zaldu last year and can highly recommend it.

countycork

Camino(s) past & future
26th May 2013
Like you we spent night in Estella, picking up where we ended last time and we stayed in Hostal El Volante. Very convenient and on route for your start next morning. Cost €59 for 2 which included breakfast...booked through booking.com

Taisce

Camino(s) past & future
Summer (2015)
Definitely too late for an albergue. Check out Booking.com for a B&B. I stayed in B&B Zaldu last year and can highly recommend it.
Thanks John. I'll check at the albergue we've booked with by email and will also have a look at B& B Zaldu.

Taisce

Camino(s) past & future
Summer (2015)
Like you we spent night in Estella, picking up where we ended last time and we stayed in Hostal El Volante. Very convenient and on route for your start next morning. Cost €59 for 2 which included breakfast...booked through booking.com
Thanks county cork.

Taisce

Camino(s) past & future
Summer (2015)
Albergues generally close their doors to access by 10pm. And are first-come-first-serve so likely to be full Best to book a cheap hotel and arrange for late arrival. Few ways for that to go wrong on a Camino start. I am leaving in mid May from Leon and did the same thing so my flite to MAD and bus to Leon wont be an issue for late arrival.
Thanks alhartman. Looks like we'll get to the town by 9.30pm all going well. I'll check with the albergue we've reserved with.

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 38 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 134 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 207 24.0%