• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Etiquette about stamps on postcards to send home?

TheSparrow

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese (2019) Walked Tomar to Coimbra - Porto to Ponte Vedra - Spiritual Variant to Santiago
Hello,
I will do this unless someone tells me not too, lol.
So, what is the general etiquette regarding the stamps - might I ask someone to place one on a postcard to send home and place one in my pilgrim passbook?
Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I don't that as a problem. A lot of folks are proud of their unique sello designs and would probably be flattered that you asked :)

I don’t think that you’ll offend anyone (assuming that you ask politely...).
And in some places, the stamp is left on the counter for you to do yourself - so definitely no problem there.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I don’t think that you’ll offend anyone (assuming that you ask politely...).
And in some places, the stamp is left on the counter for you to do yourself - so definitely no problem there.
Thank you Scott...O :)

I don't that as a problem. A lot of folks are proud of their unique sello designs and would probably be flattered that you asked :)
OK, thank you - seems like a wonderful way for folks back home to be included in something uniquely associated with a camino!

Quid pro quo...I had a very helpful Albergue Keeper in Fisterra ask me to sent her a post card from Denver for her collection when I got home.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Quid pro quo...I had a very helpful Albergue Keeper in Fisterra ask me to sent her a post card from Denver for her collection when I got home.
ha, gotcha! fun

Hello,
I will do this unless someone tells me not too, lol.
So, what is the general etiquette regarding the stamps - might I ask someone to place one on a postcard to send home and place one in my pilgrim passbook?
Thanks!
:D
You can ask anybody to stamp your forehead if you wish. Why not a postcard?

Have fun!

That’s a lot of postage - but ok! ;)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you - you are kind

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Now that is inspiring !

The only place that might refuse is the albergue at Orrison. September 2017 they were only giving out stamps if you purchased food and refused to stamp my friends credential even though I bought food. This is the only place that did this. The year before the stamp was on a table near the door. Sad. Of note she lives in Pamplona and was very offended by the untypical rude behavior. The Spanish are very polite.

Thank you easygoing, I think the "stamp" has a culture in its own right!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I served as a hospitalera last year, and was often asked to stamp both a credencial and some other document such as a journal. You should have no difficulties, and as others have said often the stamp is just left out for you to use yourself.

Thank you bmcbride, I am excited to think of sending postcards with the stamp - that is making me happy!

Thanks all for your replies I was wondering if I could get my journal stamped and that does not appear to be a problem. Looking forward to our Sept departure for St Jean and the Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Arn't the folks who run Orisson French?? :D Just sayin..... ;) In 2013 I experienced rude behavior from someone who worked at Orisson. As I arrived I saw a few familiar faces so I went over to say hi. A man started yelling at me telling me I couldn't sit on the outside terrace unless I purchased something. It was embarrassing as my intentions were to purchased a bocadillo and coca-cola but he didn't even give me the chance to say hi first. Very rude.

From their website
"Note: the refuge should not be considered as hotel that offers more comfort and amenities."
Not sure what that means, but, those guys do have a pretty cool website :)

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.