• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD EU's Digital Covid Certificate is now live

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadflyparexcellence

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked in "2016," "2018," "2022."
As many of you may already know, EU's Digital COVID Certificate has gone live as of today. The link below provides the details.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As many of you may already know, EU's Digital COVID Certificate has gone live as of today. The link below provides the details.

I looked at the non-EU countries on the list. The U.S. isn't on it.....does anyone know if US citizens will be able to eventually get it? Do we need it to travel in the EU?

I looked at the non-EU countries on the list. The U.S. isn't on it.....does anyone know if US citizens will be able to eventually get it? Do we need it to travel in the EU?
Here in Canada, we don't get a digital certificate, per se. I took a scanned copy of the paper receipt and store it on my iphone instead.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Here in Canada, we don't get a digital certificate, per se. I took a scanned copy of the paper receipt and store it on my iphone instead.
Are you certain this will be accepted by your airline and in the European country you will landing? If so … great … but I’ve been searching and have seen no confirming information.
PS: I depart from Canada for Lisbon in mid- September

Are you certain this will accepted by your airline and in the European country you will landing? If so … great … but I’ve been searching and have seen no confirming information.
PS: I depart from Canada for Lisbon in mid- September
I haven't 'field-tested' this method yet. If I were you, I'd bring along those paper receipts also, just in case. Indeed, I look forward to hearing your on-the-ground experience after your trip.

I just noticed that you are from Ontario. Those receipts would have already been emailed to you. Hence, no need to scan or carry the paper receipts.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I recommend you bring the ORIGINAL certificate with you and leave a copy at home. In the US we are issued a card from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). I obtained a ziplock holder for the card, that can be worn around the neck as needed.

I also recommend you keep the certificate with your national passport at all times. I keep mine in a pants cargo pocket in a Loksak heavy duty ziplock bag. The 4" x 7"size holds my passport, COVID card, and an ICE (in case of emergency contact list).

The ICE sheet is prepared in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese. Folded four-ways it slips easily into the Loksak.

Loksak's URL: https://loksak.myshopify.com/collections/aloksak

Hope this helps,

Tom

Yes, Great news. I have downloaded the EU Corona Passport onto my phone and printed out a couple of paper copies as a backup. Well, I am already to begin from St. Jean on the 29th July unless............

I’m a Canadian planning to fly in late August. It's been suggested to me by airlines to download my provincial health care app where I access any test results as it also has a record of all vaccines I have received. I can print this out but the ability to show at departure and arrival I have digital access to my personal health care info should be enough. As in it proves its not just a piece of paper.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

For folks vaccinated in Ontario, Canada, it is advisable to download directly a soft-copy of the vaccination record(s) from Ontario government portal, which 1) has a watermark of Ministry of Health embedded in it, and 2) the date the copy was downloaded.

This concerns Swiss Peregrinos (a small minority, just below the number of Japanese pilgrims).

While being a member of the Schengen accord, Switzerland is not a member of the EU, and is not (automatically) included in any such program as the "green EU certificate". The Swiss health authority BAG has organized its own certification with the QR download available since July 01. While it is technically compatible with the EU certification, it would be useless for traveling outside the Swiss borders without the EU's consent and approval, Today, the BAG informed that the EU has accepted the Swiss certificate and QR as having the same (reciprocal) status as the EU app, as of this coming Friday. A small but very significant step, as Switzerland is surrounded by EU countries.
Hopefully, this motivates many more Swiss peregrino's to now do the Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Like Rodney Dangerfield, Liechtenstein gets no respect.
;)
Liechtenstein is a member of EFTA, which again is associated with the EU. The principality has its own Covid regulations (for visitors IVISA.com). Its citizens can get an EU/EFTA certificate.

Liechtenstein is a member of the United Nations, the European Free Trade Association, and the Council of Europe. Although not a member of the European Union, it participates in both the Schengen Area and the European Economic Area. It is Europe's fourth-smallest country but has economically one of the highest gross domestic products per person in the world.
I don't get your impression that Liechtenstein lacks to get full respect...unless of course your post is meant jokingly 😃

I don't get your impression that Liechtenstein lacks to get full respect...unless of course your post is meant jokingly 😃
Yes. The wink face underlines my humorous intent. Roger Dangerfield was famous for his comedic monologues on the theme of "I get no respect."

The lack of respect on your part was to say "Switzerland is surrounded by EU countries," with the implied denial of Liechtenstein as one of the countries that surrounds Switzerland ... or the suggestion that the Swiss border with Liechtenstein and Liechtenstein's non-EU status was not worth mentioning.

Strictly speaking, I guess you could argue that Switzerland can be said to be surrounded by the EU, even if its immediate neighbors are not all EU members. And with this parsing of what was supposed to be lighthearted comment, we become humorless lawyers...

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. The wink face underlines my humorous intent. Roger Dangerfield was famous for his comedic monologues on the theme of "I get no respect."

The lack of respect on your part was to say "Switzerland is surrounded by EU countries," with the implied denial of Liechtenstein as one of the countries that surrounds Switzerland ... or the suggestion that the Swiss border with Liechtenstein and Liechtenstein's non-EU status was not worth mentioning.

Strictly speaking, I guess you could argue that Switzerland can be said to be surrounded by the EU, even if its immediate neighbors are not all EU members. And with this parsing of what was supposed to be lighthearted comment, we become humorless lawyers...

;)
🙄🥱

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.