A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Even Iberia and Spanair with good prices

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I have been looking for a ticket with Iberia ( http://www.iberia.com ) and Spanair ( http://www.spanair.com ) to go from Santiago to Madrid (to connect to a flight to Norway), and I was amazed by the prices.

I can go from Santiago to Madrid for 10 euro with Iberia in 2 weeks (July 2006). Spanair wants 39 euro.

So shop around if you need to get a domestic flight within Spain!

... oh, and before I go... if you decide to go with Iberia, don't be in a hurry. They have been in the paper lately with several looong delays on flights arriving to Santiago (late night flights that arrive the next morning and so on... ). But for 10 euro, you might not mind... :)

Ivar

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
As I mention above, you can get a good deal with Iberia...

I just bought a ticket from Santiago to Madrid (and back) with Iberia, but this morning it was announced that Iberia will be on a strike Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (10. 11. and 12th of July 2006). Not all flights are cancelled (mine is of course, for a list see Iberia.com ).

It was also mentioned on the radio this morning that yesterday a Iberia flight from Madrid to Santiago was 8 hours delayed.

Iberia my favorite airline.

Ivar

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
... i know I sounded grumpy.... and you are right, Terminal 4 in Madrid does create some problems for Iberia... but there are also other companies that fly out of Terminal 4 and they seem to be doing fine. I have a feeling the "Terminal 4" excuse was valid early on, just after they opened, but I have a feeling that it is losing strength now as things are getting better in that terminal.

By the way, my wife and I traveled via Terminal 4 to Greece 2 weeks back and it is a great terminal. It is huge, almost like a new airport on its own. Very much needed since the "old" Madrid Barajas was a bit worn down....

Greeting from a happy camper that just got his flights re-organized and will now fly AirEuropa to Madrid and Iberia home :)

Ivar

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%