• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Exactly WHAT camino is that?!?

Have you walked the Camino Sur from Huelva?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Stephen Nicholls

Steve Nicholls, Suffolk, U.K.
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many caminos to list in the permitted 100 characters!!
I had an abortive camino last February - the Sureste from Alicante. Then a super one to Finisterre in June. Now I'm off to Huelva for a Saga walking holiday. But ... hold on ... there seems to be a camino here! WHAT?
http://www.csj.org.uk/camino-sur-huelva-zafra/ is that part of one by another name?
I thought I was going to finish walking caminos in 2018 with the Portuguese. I thought that might be my first and last one. However, this Camino South seems to have cropped up. Does anyone know anything about it? Frequency of albergues etc? I can't find it mentioned on the forum. Help!
Buen camino amigos!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
...................a Saga walking holiday..............

Hi Stephen,
......... a Saga walking holiday?????

Is this a UK based Camino oriented walk/holiday you have gotten into? If yes, may I please ask you to give more details. Thanks.

Buen Camino

Forget that Stephen, just re-read your post and better understand what you initially posted.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Stephen,
Why did you abort your camino Sureste from Alicante ? :(

Hello Stephen, Why did you abort your camino Sureste from Alicante ? :(
Hi Barbara!
Apologies for delay - only just got back from Huelva.
I gave up because I got severe blisters which needed hospital treatment, was told "No walking for 4 days!" and then saw a weather forecast .... the hills I had to walk over were forecast to get a foot of snow. At that point I asked myself "Am I here to enjoy myself, or to kill myself?" So I hired a car for twelve days, drove over to easterm Spain where I lived for 8 years, and had a wonderful time with old friends, going out for meals almost daily .... and doing a little walking as my feet improved!
Check out: http://media.wix.com/ugd/2f4ff5_416...fd.doc?dn=Pilgrimage VI Diary WEB version.doc
Blessings, Barbara, from East Anglia, UK.

Hello Stephen,
Thanks for your answer. Do you know why you had these blisters as you started the Sureste ?
Did you finally walk on that camino from Huelva to Zafra ? If yes, what was it like ?
Barbara

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello Stephen,Thanks for your answer. Do you know why you had these blisters as you started the Sureste ?Did you finally walk on that camino from Huelva to Zafra ? If yes, what was it like ?Barbara

Barbara - I have 'princess' feet. They can feel a grain of sand through six pairs of socks :eek:. I've had blisters frequently in the past, and am now trying Vaseline plus silk sock liners. There's a whole forum on blister prevention.
No - didn't walk from Huelva, but it's an interesting idea maybe for another year! In April I hope to walk the Primitivo [with Vaseline and silk sock liners!!!]
Buen camino!

Barbara - I have 'princess' feet. They can feel a grain of sand through six pairs of socks :eek:. I've had blisters frequently in the past, and am now trying Vaseline plus silk sock liners. There's a whole forum on blister prevention.
No - didn't walk from Huelva, but it's an interesting idea maybe for another year! In April I hope to walk the Primitivo [with Vaseline and silk sock liners!!!]
Buen camino!
Hello Stephen, but how did you do on all your other caminos ? did you also have many blisters ?
I am also very sensitive to blisters, I have improved by wearing toe socks, and also HOKA shoes and I try to get everything well used in before I start...
The walk from Huelva does seem nice and so does the Primitivo (I also have it on my list..),.. I hope my next camino to be the Sureste..
Have a good day

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back