• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Excellent device for your cell phone

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
http://mybunjee.com/
Clip your phone to your waist-belt, backpack so that you don't drop it in the toilet, leave it behind or lose it on the path.
untitled.png

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sil,

This does look GREAT and shouldn't bounce! Walking I've always worn my smartphone on a lanyard neck strap for a camera. It was simple, comfortable and cheap but the phone bounced. Perhaps it's time for a change.

Margaret

I would not want to let it just hang on the rubber or elastic band while walking.
Could slip out at some point.
It would be great to attach and keep in pocket or pack. Looks like it can be used without detaching so would not be left laying somewhere or dropped.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My mobile rides in a heavy duty zip-lock bag, in a cargo pocket on my trousers. I can use it whilst in the bag. So it is always protected from water. Here is where I get them: http://www.loksak.com/products/aloksak.

I have separate sized bags for my mobile, iPod Touch, digital camera (when I bring it), passport and pilgrim credencial, prescription and non-prescription medications, and other valuables that go into a shower with me - for security. All the bags are waterproof far deeper than I will ever encounter whilst on Camino.

As I usually turn my mobile off each day, until I reach my destination, the lanyard would be more trouble than it was worth, for me. On the other hand, last year, I did use a neck lanyard to keep my digital camera around my neeck and under my outer clothing so it was rapidly available.

The bags are available online, or at better outdoors shops.

I hope this helps.

My mobile is in a little holder that threads onto my trouser belt. It is safe and easy to reach as I use it as my camera. I don't have any other electronics devices as my phone does all I want. I have a shower tidy with waterproof pockets where my phone etc. go. When sleeping my valuables are in the hood of my sleeping bag liner under my pillow.

Like Tom I used the Loksak on my camino for my phone and ipad mini. My phone rode in a cargo pocket in my pants and this was a good solution at a reasonable cost. Now I use Lifeproof cases http://www.lifeproof.com/en/ my iPhone and iPad mini. They are waterproof, slim and "drop proof". They've saved me many times. And now are available now in Europe.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My HTC Desire S is small enough to fit in the front pocket of my hiking pants with a silicon shell around it. I wore rain pants along the Camino Portuges last time every day due to constant rain and it never got wet. Not only does it function as an excellent camera, it also has music of course and my Alpine Quest App which has contoured hike/bike maps for use with GPS should the event ever rise that I become lost. Overall, its a great multi-purpose device and costs 1/4 of what an iPhone costs. I nearly forgot to mention that it can also be used as a telephone if I absolutely and unconditionally must call someone ;)

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.