• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Excellent new 2008 guide (but in French...)

eamann

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 Le Puy - Cahors + Saint-Jean - León
If you are thinking of walking the Cami del Llevant, and if you can read some French, don't miss the excellent guide recently published in March 2008 by Gérard Rousse "Le chemin du Levant". Full details on his site: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/gerard-du-camino/. He has just posted (January 2009) a detailed update on his site.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Eamann,

this is very useful. I have the Spanish one by the Amigos in Valencia. I will get the French one as well now,

Andy

Hello Andy!

I think you will find it very useful. It has 300 pages, so you can see that it is quite detailed.

By the way, I am no stranger to B'ham. My mother, now deceased, used live in Streetly and I was a regular visitor there.

Best wishes,

Eamann

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Eamann,

I'm in Kings Heath at the other end of Brum, but I do go to Streetly from time to time,

Andy

I'm in Villacanas, south of Toledo

Hi Andy!

When do you leave?

I'm into my third week.

The weather is very variable - hot and sunny yesterday, cold wind and heavy showers today. I've had several days of shozers and bitterly cold winds since I began, so coñe prepared!

If you have bought the French guide, I want to warn you that the distances given (as also in the Spanish guide I believe) are from city boundary to city boundary. They do not include the sometiñes considerable kilometres you will have to walk to leave a town or to arrive at your accomodation at the end.

I have sent Gerard Rousse several comments and recommendations about lodgings and restos which he says he has included in the most recent PDF update on his site.

Do try and take it easy during the first few days! It is so easy to get carried away and want to push on to the next town or walk that bit faster and then you end up with a problem which holds you back for days...

Buen camino and in the meantiñe a blessed and happy Easter!

Eamann

Re: I'm in Villacanas, south of Toledo

hi Eamann,

it's really good to hear from you. Unfortunately my mother in law died last month, so I have had to postpone. I will be leaving on September 7th now, dv.

Let's keep in touch and have a conversation - and a beer? - at some point.

A blessed Easter to you,

Andy

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Andy,

I won't say "sorry to hear that" because I believe that the Lord makes all things work to the good of thoe who love him".

I'll post a message when I get back to Brussels.

Until then, best wishes,

Eamann

eamann said:
Hi Andy,

I won't say "sorry to hear that" because I believe that the Lord makes all things work to the good of thoe who love him".

I'll post a message when I get back to Brussels.

Until then, best wishes,

Eamann

Hi, Andy, Eamann,

Nice to know about you both.

How is being your Camino del Sureste?

If you see something changed about the guide in spanish please tell me, to talk about to the authors.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.