• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Excuse the boring question - travel from Biarritz to Pamplona

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
Howdy pilgrims... Just a quick one.
I land at Biarritz on a Thursday afternoon.. 4ish... I'm looking at starting (CF) in Pamplona.. for no particular reason other than I don't fancy sjpdp-Roncesvalles again.. once was enough. I've tried rome2rio etc but I'm struggling with how to get there.. I don't mind a night in a hotel along the way but I still can't find a decent route...
I guess if it's easier to get to somewhere else I could happily start there.. even Roncesvalles I guess... Maybe I'm having a 'wood for the trees' moment and there's a straightforward solution but it eludes me..
Any ideas?
Hugs
Andy x

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It appears that there's a stop in San Sebastian... I guess I could possibly split the journey there for the night?? I seem to remember that it's on the Norte (I may have imagined this).. if so there must be albergues there..

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Or you can walk! There are basically two trails between Biarritz and Pamplona - if you have time and good weather, I’d highly suggest this option.

I should think better pinxtos should weigh in the balance.
But then again, I am Libra

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It appears that there's a stop in San Sebastian... I guess I could possibly split the journey there for the night?? I seem to remember that it's on the Norte (I may have imagined this).. if so there must be albergues there..
If you have the time I would recommend stopping in San Sebastian. It is a really pretty city. Spending an afternoon or evening strolling the streets and the views of the ocean isn't half bad. There are some nice hostels I stayed in a place called A Room In The City and it was really nice and clean for about 25US. Very centrally located also. There is also the best Ice Cream shop in all the world called Gelateria Boulevard. It is not to be missed. I was in San Sebastian for 2 days before went to Irun to start the Norte 2 years ago and went there 4 times. Went again when I stayed in San Sebastian after I started in Irun! Yes I know I am a an Ice Cream addict but you only live once!!!! You can be in Pamplona in about 90 minutes. Buen Camino.

Howdy pilgrims... Just a quick one.
I land at Biarritz on a Thursday afternoon.. 4ish... I'm looking at starting (CF) in Pamplona.. for no particular reason other than I don't fancy sjpdp-Roncesvalles again.. once was enough. I've tried rome2rio etc but I'm struggling with how to get there.. I don't mind a night in a hotel along the way but I still can't find a decent route...
I guess if it's easier to get to somewhere else I could happily start there.. even Roncesvalles I guess... Maybe I'm having a 'wood for the trees' moment and there's a straightforward solution but it eludes me..
Any ideas?
Hugs
Andy x

It seemed straight forward to me, 2 years ago when I went from Biaritz to SJPP and spent a little time reminiscing and then walked down to the ALSA bus stop and got on the bus to Pamplona where I started

I once caught a direct bus to Pamplona from Irun. The buses depart from next to the train station.

Shouldn’t be too hard to catch a bus or train from Biarritz to Hendaye, from which you either catch another bus or train to Irun or you stretch your legs with a 15-20 minute walk.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello Andy,
I don't know anything about Biarittz airport.

However, from Biarittz train station I think there is a TER type train to Hendaye station. Then 3 min walk to another train staion for a train on different guage. This is the wee Basque train to San Sebastian (Donostia, and check which of the Donostia stations to alight at). Then you walk 15 min or so to Bus Station for bus to Pamplona, which takes an hour or so. I think each of these train journeys were about 30 mins or so, and can't be booked.
I have done this twice now with no problem. You have to buy bus ticket at kiosk before you approach bus.

BUT San Sebastian is a lovely place to stay and then you would see the scenery on the way to Pamplona next day.
Buen Camino
Ena

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back