• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Exhibition about the pilgrimage in Ponferrada

Frank

For all of you getting close to Ponferrada or those who have a chance to go there this might be interesting.
Today's Correo Gallego talks about an exhibition of 300 objects of various centuries beeing displayed in the basílica de la Encina and in St. Andrew's church (iglesia de San Andrés). Juan Álvarez Quevedo, a representative of the exposition, says its goal was to show the sense of the Camino. The presentation might be open until the 24th of November.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The exhibition is called "Yo Camino" and it is amazing. Of all the people with whom I walked, I was the only one who went to the exhibit as we passed through Ponferrada. When I got to the ramps and saw the sections beginning in Roncesvalles and highlighting all the town and sights along the way, it brought tears to my eyes. There were videos with music and I just stood, rapt, watching every scene. I really brought home to me exactly how far I had come, all the towns I'd' passed through and the scenery I'd witnessed. People passed me by but I was oblivious to them...I was truly overwhelmed. I photographed all of it - it was ridiculous! The pictures didn't come out well, but I can't delete them from my camera either!

You literally walk the entire camino in a few ramps...but to see it in a "life sized" map before your eyes...well, I highly recommend taking an hour to make the visit to the basilica. When I met up with all my compañeros in the albergue later that night, I was so disappointed that I had no one with whom to share the experience. They had a video that I so wanted to buy...but I considered the weight and decided against it. As a teacher, I really wanted to have it to show to my students. If anyone knows if it is available online, please let me know.

"Las Edades del Camino" is being showed during several months in different cities. It was exposed in Astorga, then in Segovia, I don't remember if it has been possible to visit anywhere else.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back