• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Experiences with Caminofacil booking ahead

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2015,2016,2017,2018,2022, 2023, april 24.
Hi, does anyone has experiences with booking ahead luggage transfers and taxi transfers with Caminofacil? Reliability ??? I normally use jacotrans but it seems very convenient to able to book all ahead of time with Caminofacil. However I have never used them.
And yes I know our stages so do know where we will end up each day. (Just how I prefer it at this point )
We're thinking about booking some taxi services too to skip stretches that will be too challenging (for my husband who has some medical issues)
Caminofacil is quite expensive (Alto de perdon to Puente la Reina is 45 euro's ) is it easy to get local taxi's for some stretches once we're there? Or better to book the 4 stretches I know for sure we will use a taxi, ahead?

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think it would be more flexible to book with a local cab driver at the time you need one. Not all the local drivers have a system to book that far ahead. Might be cheaper just to take a Pamplona bus to Puenta la Reina.

Thanks but we do want to walk to Alto de perdon. Just need transport down the rocky hill. I know we can book this ahead with Caminofacil and they do luggage too, but wanted to see if anyone has experiences with them :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I've used CaminoFacil for several years with my groups. They are very good. I'm currently walking from St Jean with a group... we reach Leon in a few days and so far they've been their usual excellent service.

I've also used their taxi service... again very reliable.

I've used CaminoFacil for several years with my groups. They are very good. I'm currently walking from St Jean with a group... we reach Leon in a few days and so far they've been their usual excellent service.

Thanks, That was the info I hoped to hear :) Enjoy your walk !

Hi, does anyone has experiences with booking ahead luggage transfers and taxi transfers with Caminofacil? Reliability ??? I normally use jacotrans but it seems very convenient to able to book all ahead of time with Caminofacil. However I have never used them.
And yes I know our stages so do know where we will end up each day. (Just how I prefer it at this point )
We're thinking about booking some taxi services too to skip stretches that will be too challenging (for my husband who has some medical issues)
Caminofacil is quite expensive (Alto de perdon to Puente la Reina is 45 euro's ) is it easy to get local taxi's for some stretches once we're there? Or better to book the 4 stretches I know for sure we will use a taxi, ahead?
Hi,
If you send Jacotrans a list of where you will be, they will give you a cost for the entire trip.
Ron

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes I have used Caminofacil on a few occasions and found them to be very reliable and efficient and their online booking system is really easy to use. Never had a problem. All the people in my group have just booked them again for next week.

Byfar the cheapest and equally good service for an entire camino is Correos. No change fees once you start. Read the fine print. In the past, caminofacil charged for changes to the itinerary during the trip. Correos.com also computerizes online booking. Very reliable service! They allow you to book for a flat fee. If you stop frequently it is substantially cheaper.

If is usually cheaper to book with a taxi! However,you may have to wait over an hour or longer, (depending upon where you are) for it to arrive unless you order it in advance. Caminofacil contracts with local drivers so there is a mark-up. By ordering and paying in advance you can assure your pick up time.

I've got a question. I'm trying to book with Caminofacil to carry an unnecessary suitcase from Sarria to Santiago so that we can pick it up in Santiago. I can't find a way to do that. I can find our starting point at our albergue in Sarria but there is no end point in Santiago. Can you advise me? Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've got a question. I'm trying to book with Caminofacil to carry an unnecessary suitcase from Sarria to Santiago so that we can pick it up in Santiago. I can't find a way to do that. I can find our starting point at our albergue in Sarria but there is no end point in Santiago. Can you advise me? Thanks!
Send them an email, they reply promptly. We have had great service from them on the Portuguese route. They will take suitcases

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi. I’ve used Caminofacil 3 times now and they have always been very helpful. This most recent time I just sent them an email rather than complete the booking form online as this was an option suggested on their website. They answered very promptly and completed the form for me. So I would just email and ask the question. Hope this helps :0)

Hi. I’ve used Caminofacil 3 times now - twice on the Frances and at present on the Portuguese. I’ve booked ahead each time and have always found them very reliable. My bags have always ended up where they were supposed to. They respond very quickly any time I have emailed them. I would definately recommend them. I haven’t used their taxi services so unfortunately can’t comment on that. Hope this helps :0)

Correos Paq Mochila. €20 Sarria to SdC

Size may be a problem is it is backpack or cabin bag up to max. 15 kg (33 lb).

Thank you! I’ve got a suitcase that weighs only 23 lbs. not a rucksack. Does that matter?
What you need is Paq Peregrino from Correos, not Paq Mochila. A 25 kg suitcase costs €31.40 to send with 15 days storage included.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Try Pilbeo. They are great. Some like Correos. I used taxis all the time on the San Salvador and Primitivo

Byfar the cheapest and equally good service for an entire camino is Correos. No change fees once you start. Read the fine print. In the past, caminofacil charged for changes to the itinerary during the trip. Correos.com also computerizes online booking. Very reliable service! They allow you to book for a flat fee. If you stop frequently it is substantially cheaper.

If is usually cheaper to book with a taxi! However,you may have to wait over an hour or longer, (depending upon where you are) for it to arrive unless you order it in advance. Caminofacil contracts with local drivers so there is a mark-up. By ordering and paying in advance you can assure your pick up timo

If is usually cheaper to book with a taxi! However,you may have to wait over an hour or longer, (depending upon where you are) for it to arrive unless you order it in advance. Caminofacil contracts with local drivers so there is a mark-up. By ordering and paying in advance you can assure your pick up time.
Used Caminofacil in 2013, 2017 & have booked for June 2023, no problems. Only problem for me with Correos is their bag weight is only 15k, with Caminofacil it’s 20k. Import when travelling further a field post Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back