• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Express Bouricott

Frank66

Time of past OR future Camino
May/June 2016 Camino Frances
September (2017) First stage of Camino Portugués
Hi all, I'm heading for St Jean Pied de Port on 30th Sep to start my Camino to Burgos (limited time) and have booked with Express Bouricott. I've used them twice before, but this time I was the first to book so was quoted a high price.
Will they email me as the price reduces with further bookings or do I have to contact them?
Anyone who knows, please share
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Will they email me as the price reduces with further bookings or do I have to contact them?
It is not too likely. They stay busy shuttling people, but I am sure they will be happy to respond to your query. I doubt they would have much meaningful information until just before your date. You are on the backside of the busy time, so you likely will be alone. Good luck!!

Hi, in July 2017 we have also booked with Express Bouricot. I called them and they confirmed by phone that the price was share between 4 people : my wife and i, and 2 other people. When arriving in Bayonne airport, first they where late, and second we were only two people. So they asked us two pay for 4 people even if we were not responsible of the 2 other people cancellation. We refused and we decided to go to SJPDP by train wich was a good option : you can go to the train station by bus or taxi.
Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
When arriving in Bayonne airport, first they where late, and second we were only two people. So they asked us two pay for 4 people even if we were not responsible of the 2 other people cancellation.
They do have a gap in their policy, but have resisted stating an explicit policy, which may be a bit too "rule resistant" for the somewhat rules obsessed France! They have a set fee for the transport, and will divide it between the passengers. When they are filling the van, they quote an amount based upon the division among known passengers, implying a guarantee on the individual rate to those who join after the first person. That is not really the practice, and quite a few passengers have been annoyed when they have to pay more than they expect. Express Bourricot may need a more exact policy on how they will calculate the fare.

As has been stated many times in this forum, taxis in France and Spain charge per vehicle, not per person. There is a new owner. Perhaps they are a bit overwhelmed right now. I would email if you are really concerned about the price but as has been stated here, if someone cancels or doesn’t show up, you are left holding the bag so I would be prepared to pay full fare and count it as a blessing if there are others to share with.

Also, I’m not sure what they charge but an 11 kilometer trip from Portland International Airport to my House would be $50 per PERSON by taxi. I usually find French and Spanish taxis to be quite a value.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It is not too likely. They stay busy shuttling people, but I am sure they will be happy to respond to your query. I doubt they would have much meaningful information until just before your date. You are on the backside of the busy time, so you likely will be alone. Good luck!!
Alone in SJPDP at the start of Oct! How cool, no bed race then.

Hi, in July 2017 we have also booked with Express Bouricot. I called them and they confirmed by phone that the price was share between 4 people : my wife and i, and 2 other people. When arriving in Bayonne airport, first they where late, and second we were only two people. So they asked us two pay for 4 people even if we were not responsible of the 2 other people cancellation. We refused and we decided to go to SJPDP by train wich was a good option : you can go to the train station by bus or taxi.
Buen Camino
You take as you find I guess; I've used them twice before in May and September with no issues

The price they quoted is the price based on the number of reservations they had for that run on that day. If more people book for the same trip, the average price will go down. You should only be charged the actual price that day, based on the final number of bodies in the vehicle. Budget for the higher quote and hope that it is lower on site.

Hope this helps.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You take as you find I guess; I've used them twice before in May and September with no issues
I agree with you and i hope you are not going to suffer the same inconvinience, we were certainly unlucky, but next time i will directly go to the station, wich is less random concerning rates.

I agree with you and i hope you are not going to suffer the same inconvinience, we were certainly unlucky, but next time i will directly go to the station, wich is less random concerning rates.

The rates aren't really 'random', in the traditional sense of the word. There is a specific price for hiring the vehicle. If you are the only rider (which is unusual), you pay the full price. The only variation to that which can occur, is based on passenger numbers dividing the cost; but the total cost of the vehicle remains the same. So, if one plans to pay for the full cost of the shuttle, the only surprise that may happen (cost wise) is when one boards the shuttle and finds other passengers, which are now splitting the cost. :)

No response. I have used their web site twice over the past month to request a ride from Biarritz to SJPdP on Saturday August 25 ( 25-08-18). I have not received any communication from them. How do I book with them?
Thank you

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
No response. I have used their web site twice over the past month to request a ride from Biarritz to SJPdP on Saturday August 25 ( 25-08-18). I have not received any communication from them. How do I book with them?
Thank you

If you have not already done so, check your spam filter and junk mail file.

Thank you

I just sent my reservation request. Almost immediately after my request was sent, I received a form-letter type of response. The copied text is pasted below. If you did not receive such a response, then your email didn't go through to the correct address. This is the web address I used. At the bottom of the page, select the service you are wanting to reserve; when you then click the "envoyer" button, you will be sent to a form that you fill out and then submit.

From Express Bouricott
:

Hello Bugg, David,

We have well received your form.
This email is not a confirmation of booking.
We are considering your request and we have to check our availabilities.
We will answer within 48h00 maximum.

See you soon in the Camino,
The team of Express Bourricot

UnQuote

Last edited by a moderator:

€46,-
Thanks for the assist Dave. Spam filters are often the culprit. Then there is the language issue. For this reason, I use Chrome as my default browser, with the Google translation feature turned on. All French and Spanish pages I land on are immediately translated into English. You can do this for nearly any language.

Hope this helps.

As luck would have it I have received an email from them today! Thank you for all of your help!

If you are going to be a peregrino, you must learn to be patient and to have faith. You will come to understand that Santiago works in strange ways, and that, sometimes the happenstance, serendipity and dumb coincidence are a tad bit weird. We usually just toss that up and refer to it as Santiago's help...

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back