• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Express Bourricot

Tony Maguire

Time of past OR future Camino
20th August 2014
Hello, I've read on another Camino forum that the Express Bourricot transport service is finishing up in July. Has any body else heard this and if you have a reservation with them have you heard anything from them.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello, I've read on another Camino forum that the Express Bourricot transport service is finishing up in July. Has any body else heard this and if you have a reservation with them have you heard anything from them.

First of all - there's another Camino forum?! 😂

What forum was this, and where did the information come from?

I'm pretty sure that Express Bourricot would make it clear on their website if they are going out of business in July!

First of all - there's another Camino forum?! 😂

What forum was this, and where did the information come from?

I'm pretty sure that Express Bourricot would make it clear on their website if they are going out of business in July!
Sorry, it was 1 of the many Camino Facebook groups. What it said was that the owners of Express Bourricot were selling the business in July due to burnout. I've emailed EB and am awaiting a reply

I have read that in THIS forum actually. But I have not contacted them directly to confirm. Best to do that rather than rely on hearsay. I will be on the Via Francigena this year though - so no reason to reach out myself at this time.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sorry, it was 1 of the many Camino Facebook groups. What it said was that the owners of Express Bourricot were selling the business in July due to burnout. I've emailed EB and am awaiting a reply
If they don't yet have a buyer maybe they are waiting until July to put it on the market? I would be surprised if the business would just close completely this summer.

I have read that in THIS forum actually. But I have not contacted them directly to confirm. Best to do that rather than rely on hearsay. I will be on the Via Francigena this year though - so no reason to reach out myself at this time.
Yes, it is at the start of the RETHINK thread. I don’t know whether it is first hand knowledge or something that had been heard. I asked whether the poster had spoken with the current owner Mayalen or the former owner Caroline who had sold Express Bourricot to Mayalen in 2016 or so but there was no reply to the question.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The best thing to do is to make sure your backpack is light enough that you don't need to have it transported. You really don't need very much, just some extra clothes, and a small sleeping bag. In my case I need extra camera equipment, but since I use gopros, it isn't very much. Of course, you may have some special needs that make you carry more stuff. One guy was carrying his sleep apnea machine.

The best thing to do is to make sure your backpack is light enough that you don't need to have it transported. You really don't need very much, just some extra clothes, and a small sleeping bag. In my case I need extra camera equipment, but since I use gopros, it isn't very much. Of course, you may have some special needs that make you carry more stuff. One guy was carrying his sleep apnea machine.
Express Bourricot offers services other than daily pack transfer. They have a shuttle service that picks people up in Biarritz and Bayonne, and they deliver luggage direct from SJPdP to Santiago for those who bring an extra suitcase because they are traveling before and/or after their Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
They provide other services beside bag transfer.
Still the best thing to do is to have your backpack light enough that you don't need to ship it. Plus there are other places that can do services that Express Bourricot provides.

Although I am not a fan at all of backpack-transport for young and healthy people, there are always pilgrims who need it: people with shoulder- or backproblems and elderly people. In the albergue of Roncesvalles we regularly see people aged 75-80, and this transport makes it possible for them to walk a Camino. Furthermore they do the mountain-shuttle for people who could not make a reservation in Orisson or Borda, and who cannot walk all the way from SJPdP to Roncesvalles in one day. They pick people up at Orisson, bring them back to SJPdP, and bring them back the following morning to Orisson to continue where they stopped the day before.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.