• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Extra suitcase

Tinade

Time of past OR future Camino
Starting early May
Hi all. I will arrive at SJPdP early May with a very large suitcase as I have been travelling a bit. Is there any way I can send this ahead safely to Santiago ... I wish only to carry my backpack on this journey Bien Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all. I will arrive at SJPdP early May with a very large suitcase as I have been travelling a bit. Is there any way I can send this ahead safely to Santiago ... I wish only to carry my backpack on this journey Bien Camino

Hi Tinade,

You can send your suitcase to Ivar at CasaIvar in Santiago where they will hold it for your for about 60days. please see the link for details. I hope this helps.

http://www.casaivar.com/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/

Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you so much! I'll arrange for that to happen. Buen Camino
I have read some reports of luggage not making it in the post between France and Spain. That's one of the reasons that I chose to use the service offered by Express Bourricot. The second reason is that I'm lazy, and they make it so easy. Just go to their office in SJPDP, pay them and they will give you a tag to attach to your suitcase. Then leave your suitcase at your hostel or hotel in the morning before you start walking. They will pick it up and deliver it to Santiago where it will be waiting for you at Hostal Lasalle, where you can pick it up anytime. If you decide to stay at that hotel/albergue they will also give you a discount on your room.

https://www.expressbourricot.com/luggage-transport/

If you say Alberques how do we know if they municipal(cheapest) or private?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have read some reports of luggage not making it in the post between France and Spain. That's one of the reasons that I chose to use the service offered by Express Bourricot. The second reason is that I'm lazy, and they make it so easy. Just go to their office in SJPDP, pay them and they will give you a tag to attach to your suitcase. Then leave your suitcase at your hostel or hotel in the morning before you start walking. They will pick it up and deliver it to Santiago where it will be waiting for you at Hostal Lasalle, where you can pick it up anytime. If you decide to stay at that hotel/albergue they will also give you a discount on your room.

https://www.expressbourricot.com/luggage-transport/
Thank you so much! I’m preparing to walk my second Camino but I’m staying on in Europe for a month afterward. Eventually ending my time there at a friend’s wedding in Treviso Italy. So I need a change of clothing and some more formal items waiting for me.

I’d hug you if I could! You made my day.

Sandi

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back