• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Extremadura Albergues definitely open

viajero

Time of past OR future Camino
I am on the Via de la Plata now and am staying in the albergue in Fuente de Cantos tonight. It is open. As I understand they closed some time during December-February I believe due to lack of people staying there. I have been told that all of the Albergues turisticos of extremadura are open at this time. I will post again if I find that any are closed.
Also... I can wholeheartedly recommend the albergue in Monesterio. Father Miguel ANgel, the local parish priest, has opened a beautiful albergue. He has walked various caminos himself a total of 15 times and he certainly knows what pilgrims need/want in an albergue. The building had been gutted and very recently renovated so it is in excellent condition. He is a kind and thoughtful man and his efforts really show in the albergue.

The weather on the via de la plata now is gorgeous...around 23· and very sunny and clear. It has been very dry which for me, is good, but very bad for the farmers.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks viajero. This is great news and reassuring to get it first hand. Thanks also for the heads up on the albergue in Monesterio. I'll be there in 4 weeks so I won't have to think about booking hotels. I hope the good weather stays with you but, lke you say, not so good for the farmers.

Andrew.

Thanks viajero,
Thats what I wanted to know. I plan to stay in Monasterio as well, less than a week till I'm off :)
Sue

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks Viajero,
I start walking on the 8th ,this is great news. Just 9 days this trip. Thanks to all who post here
Buen Camino
justin

Although they are open, the Almazara albergue seems to be closed. Also, it was reported tthat Los Santos de Maimona was closed for repairs but may now be opened. I would call ahead for either of these and do not expect them to be open. The Emalse de Alcantara albergue is reportedly closed too. Again, I'd call ahead.

I have also been told that Almazara is closed, and has been for a while. Also that Los Santo de Maimona is still closed for repairs. I couldn't find the Albergue in Fuente de cantos yesterday, there is a new private albergue and the owners are messing with the arrows, those who found it said it was great. I'm in Zafra now, the first time i've managed to get near a computer and my time is up!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Albergue competition brings out the worst in people -- I saw that in Torremegia as well.

I don't know anything about the private albergue in Fuente de Cantos, but for those who are looking for the wonderful albergue turistico, when you come in to town, I would say it's sort of in the direction of 10:00, if that makes sense. It's definitely on the edge of town, away from the center, but no distance is large in this town. Street name if that helps is Calle Fraile. It is in the "Convento de los Frailes de Zuburan," and in fact in the old church next door there is a small exhibit about the painter Zuburan, who was born in this town.

So how was the private albergue, sulu? Hope your Vdlp is going great! Buen camino, Laurie

I didn't go to the private albergue. I arrived in Feunte at 11 and I felt quite fir and it wasn't too hot! So I had some refreshment and decided to continue, I thought I might make it to Puebla de Sanch Perez but I only got to Calzadillas, it was soooooo hot again. The albergue there is out of town and doesn't have much in the way of facilities i.e. it has cold water, in fact the water went off completely! But it was very clean, the beds had sheets and pillow cases and it was very tranquil!!

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
After 16 days of walking (plus another three days to explore Salamanca and Zamora) I've finished my walk on the Vía de la Plata and am now continuing on the Camino Sanabres. If anyone's...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back