• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fab Laundromat Santiago

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most recent: Fall 2023 Aragonés, Frances
The new laundromat (well...new to me) in Santiago is great! On Preguntoiro just down from the Last Stamp Albergue. Three washers - for small (4e) medium (5e) and large (6e) loads. Two dryers - small (2e) and large (3e) Soap is dispensed automatically during the cycle. Hours are 7:30 - 23:00.
82EB8949-1B8C-4D6E-A5E5-24CD91A9440B.jpeg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The new laundromat (well...new to me) in Santiago is great! On Preguntoiro just down from the Last Stamp Albergue. Three washers - for small (4e) medium (5e) and large (6e) loads. Two dryers - small (2e) and large (3e) Soap is dispensed automatically during the cycle. Hours are 7:30 - 23:00.
It is really good -- this is the third thread on it!!!;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
As I am in Santiago twice each year, I compiled this list of all the autoservicio lavanderias (coin laundromats) I have come across, and which are convenient to the Old Town:

Lavanderias- Coin Operated - Santiago de Compostela

CE Colada Express
Santiago de Quayaquil #12
Newtown, left off Rua do Horreos
7-days: 09:00 - 22:00

H10
Rua das Hortas #10
Bottom of ramp, across from St. Fructoso. Closest to P/O.
7-days: 08:30 - 22:00
Wi-Fi

Waterproof Lavanderia Autoservicio
Rua da Preguntoiro #17
Off Praza da Cervantes
Opposite Last Stamp albergue
7-days: 07:30 - 23:00
Wi-Fi

SC18
Rua da San Clemente #18
Behind National Police station
Right side, going up curved street / hill.
7-days: 08:30 - 22:00
Wi-Fi

A Casa do Peregrino
Rua Azabacheria #2
Before Praza da Cervantes, in left. Ice cream counter out front. Two washers, 2 dryers, in basement. Buy tokens at Hostal counter inside.

The list is current through last week...

BTW, in addition to this, Pilgrim House, at Rua Nova #19 offers laundry service, wash, dry and folded for €6 per load. This is a bargain compared to the autoservicio places above. But, it does take longer.

Hope this helps.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As I am in Santiago twice each year, I compiled this list of all the autoservicio lavanderias (coin laundromats) I have come across, and which are convenient to the Old Town:
Great list, Tom...now the question is, do you hang around those laundromats--perhaps on a rotating basis--to give operating instructions to weary pilgrims with large bags of dirty laundry? (jogging your memory a bit ;))

If I am there, and a person needs help, of course I assist. But, I actually have other stuff to do, people to visit, and places to be. So, I do not hang around. I will frequently put laundry in, go do something for 30 minutes and come back to toss the clothes in the secadora (dryer).

People told me of some of these over time. Others I found on my own. I keep a running list in the 'Notes' app on my iPhone. The search continues... Clean clothing is a particular obsessive issue (among others) with me.

BTW, there are other autoservicio lavanderias in other sections of Santiago. I only included those that are more or less centrally located for pilgrim use.

Hope this helps.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back