A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Fall foliage and flowers along the camino...

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if you know what kind of flowers will be in bloom in September along the Camino Frances? Also, typically when do the leaves change color? What will be growing in the fields as well around this time? I'm planning on starting in SJPDP in early Sept and taking my sweet time until Finisterre. Thank you for such a wonderful and informative site!

Advertisment

sunsengnim said:
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if you know what kind of flowers will be in bloom in September along the Camino Frances? Also, typically when do the leaves change color? What will be growing in the fields as well around this time? I'm planning on starting in SJPDP in early Sept ....
Good question, but I suppose '42' is the only possible and therefore correct answer! :D

To start with, out of SJPdP in early September, you will te too early for the awesome Indian Summer foliage colours of the broadleaves, which comes on in October in the Pyrenees. (But you may see some of that above Cebreiro.)
Further down, you'll see a lot of ripening vine and grapes, figs should be ready, crab apple, and almonds of course. Some blackberries in the wetter spots. Ah, and all the others I just happen to not remember or could not put a name to.
If you are a botanist, you'll see plenty.

Hope this helps, a bit.

K.

Deborah

YUM!

I'll be walking the same time! Starting September.

Will we have opportunity to buy/taste the figs, grapes, nuts?
I eat a mostly raw diet, so all of these sound awesome!

(I do eat meat & seafood so am also looking forward to Spanish cuisine)

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%